Free [Free iOS, Google, Amazon] Gnome Dash: Rise of the Trolls

C

Chris Goodwin

Read the list of all the new features here: http://supergoodwin.com/gnome-dash-v2-0-0/

2016 Game of the Year! - BIG HONOR: Gnome Dash got @snappzillagames Game Of The Year stamp! Read more: http://snappzilla.com/games-of-the-year-2016/

Run through the forest while smashing trolls, ride a mustached worm underground, fly high in the sky on the back of a friendly bee-like creature all the while searching the magical worlds to assemble SWIFT the cybernetic fox that will bring balance to the village of St. Relaxington.

• Explore beautifully progressive, zany, and humorous magical worlds
  • Smash bad guys to earn points and engage Rainbow Fire Mode Invincibility
  • 20+ Original tasty songs (all played with real village instruments!)
  • Packed with hidden treasures, Easter eggs, and secret areas
  • Challenging mini games and intense bonus rounds (+ much more of course)

-GNOME DASH LEGEND-

Long Ago a wise Gnome foretold of a day when trolls would rise up and take these magical lands from the Gnomes... [today is that day] The prophecy also foretold that one Gnome [you] could save us all.

With the help of wise fairies and joyous creatures, your hero, Blink T. Fishman soon acquires blueprints containing clues on how to build a secret weapon that can single-handedly destroy the Trolls and restore balance. What is the secret weapon you ask? Project: SWIFT, a cybernetic fox equipped with nothing short of laser beam eyes, rocket launcher, deadly gas farts, and a giant razor blade tail.

It is up to you to search and scour the magical worlds with wit and speed to find the pieces to put together Project: SWIFT, or it may be the end of Gnomanity as we know it...

Are you Gnome enough to save us all?
-We need you

-ABOUT-
Imagine a really cool two year montage with cut scenes of drawing, coding, silly cartwheels, playing instruments, and giving solid thumbs ups. When the loud 80’s music dies down we are left with an intriguing magical story with 700 individual hand drawn images, written code equivalent to one and a half Harry Potter Books, 20+ original songs written and recorded with over 25 different instruments, and a very exhausted boy-man-game developer.

Gnome Dash, the first game by Chris Goodwin, was manifested with pure passion and comes with a guaranteed smile or you will receive a free hug courtesy of Chris Goodwin. Super Goodwin is the start of an Epic Adventure powered by enjoyment and the culmination of life experiences that is focused on creating as much happiness as possible. Changing the world one smile at a time.

-PLAY NOW-
Google Play: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supergoodwin.gnomedash
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?p=com.supergoodwin.gnomedash
Apple iPhone/iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gnome-dash/id1121298671?ls=1&mt=8

Gnome Dash Website: http://gnomedash.com/
Developer Website: http://supergoodwin.com/

UPDATE: New charters, new music, and wayyy more fun coming soon!
Follow the village: twitter.com/gnomedash

Thank you for checking out my first game! If you have any comments or sweet ideas please let me know below. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chris Goodwin

looks incredibly polished. something for me to aspire to!
Thanks Andy, that means a lot! This is my first game and not too long ago I was on here saying the exact same thing about other projects! Keep on rocking!

J

JealousOfCrows

Oh wow. Not every day I open an indie game trailer and start laughing (in a great way). This is awesome and looks like too much fun!

C

Chris Goodwin

Oh wow. Not every day I open an indie game trailer and start laughing (in a great way). This is awesome and looks like too much fun!
So glad you enjoyed that one. Meow check out the latest, I think this one is a bit more... You tell me...

J

JealousOfCrows

Oh geeze... I.. I dunno about that one... it makes me feel... I..I just don't know how I feel anymore. Jk, it's hilarious albeit a little too ridiculous and may distract from your game and gameplay. Just me though!

M

mazimadu

Not another endless runner!

I downloaded the Android version and played it quite a bit. This game is quite well made with very good graphics but the annoyingly whimsical tone is not to my tastes.
I don't think I can do a long form review of this one. But I would recommend it for tablets. It looks good and plays well.

D

DyingSilence

This game is pure genius, I'm amazed, even more - inspired!
It's a shame it's undiscovered. That's what happens when you don't take care of marketting soon and well enough. I experienced the same, but on much lesser scale as my game was a 2 week project.

I'll share it where i think it'll catch, because goddammit, this game is excellent. I love it's mood, and execution:
It's constantly surprising, and the content progression is so good.

Keep up the good work :)

C

Chris Goodwin

This game is pure genius, I'm amazed, even more - inspired!
It's a shame it's undiscovered. That's what happens when you don't take care of marketting soon and well enough. I experienced the same, but on much lesser scale as my game was a 2 week project.

I'll share it where i think it'll catch, because goddammit, this game is excellent. I love it's mood, and execution:
It's constantly surprising, and the content progression is so good.

Keep up the good work :)
So pumped you are digging this game! Like you said I missed the pony out of the gate, but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Don't count this girl out of the top 100 running just yet cowboy! Thank you for the kind words @DyingSilence!

D

DyingSilence

I've played this game for a couple hours, here are my thoughts:

It's still surprising and enjoyable, i love the mood and soundtrack, there's only one major flaw - there are many unfair deaths. The most common example:
There's a section in which you have to do multiple jumps between narrow platforms, and suddenly, that bat monster. You hit it when you jump or you fall into the pit. In both cases you lose.

D

DyingSilence

Also, input detection doesn't work sometimes, leading to minor irritation.

I've discovered today, that i enjoy it more than Rayman Legends.

C

Chris Goodwin

Also, input detection doesn't work sometimes, leading to minor irritation.

I've discovered today, that i enjoy it more than Rayman Legends.
Thank you for the great input! I am currently working hard on a pretty big update and will take your suggestions to the board.

That is a big honor and makes me proud for you to say that you enjoy Gnome Dash more than Rayman Legends!!!

clee2005

@Chris Goodwin I just downloaded it from the Apple App Store and it comes up with the loading screen and your animated credit screen then goes black on my iPhone 6. I was looking forward to playing it! Just thought you should know... I don't have any more specifics, except that I had rotated the phone a bit to get my preferred landscape, and said no to the notifications. Good luck! (Oh and I killed the app and tried twice more... same result).

C

Chris Goodwin

@Chris Goodwin I just downloaded it from the Apple App Store and it comes up with the loading screen and your animated credit screen then goes black on my iPhone 6. I was looking forward to playing it! Just thought you should know... I don't have any more specifics, except that I had rotated the phone a bit to get my preferred landscape, and said no to the notifications. Good luck! (Oh and I killed the app and tried twice more... same result).
Thank you for the info! I am currently working on a major update and will add this to the list to make sure it gets fixed so you can enjoy the village. Do you know what version of iOS you are using? So I can test and make sure it gets fixed for you.

clee2005

Hey Chris. Yeah, it's iOS 10.1.1

I just went back and it's now working! Perhaps there's something at startup that was unavailable? It went black for more than a minute. I waited wondering if it was loading... anyway, working now and you did a great job! Fun and interesting! Really well done!

Last edited:
C

Chris Goodwin

Hey Chris. Yeah, it's iOS 10.1.1

I just went back and it's now working! Perhaps there's something at startup that was unavailable? It went black for more than a minute. I waited wondering if it was loading... anyway, working now and you did a great job! Fun and interesting! Really well done!
Glad to see it's working! Hope you are still enjoying the Village. Feedback welcome!

C

Chris Goodwin

wow! Amazing arts!!!
Thank you @marius it took me awhile to find my artistic style for this game, but in the end everything in the game was:

Hand drawn with paper and pencil >
Inked >
Scanned in to the computer >
Live traced in illustrator >
Colored and Animated in Photoshop >
Exported into Game Maker and brought to life!

Here is a link to a timelapse of the coloring of a new character (Baby Gnome Princess) in Photoshop: https://twitter.com/gnomedash/status/801151018411003904

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrey

Hello, Chris!
A fun game, great sound!
It can be seen that a lot of work has been done. There is a question - why do not you promote the game in Google Play? For such a game, just over 500 downloads in half a year is unjustifiably small.