Windows Question about GMS and temporary files

Hi
Sp. the %appdata% stores some sort of temporary files for GMS. And they build up fast. Like gigabytes after a bit of runs. I also have be been noticing strange errors, lost data, as well. I'm wondering if deleeting those temporary files could be related.
Oh, and the new forum kicks ***

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I have no idea how you have Gigabytes, I've run countless projects countless times and my appdata files are less then a gig, i'd try hitting the broom icon to clean up the cache, not sure if its the appdata folder though

Last edited:

chamaeleon

Hi
Sp. the %appdata% stores some sort of temporary files for GMS. And they build up fast. Like gigabytes after a bit of runs. I also have be been noticing strange errors, lost data, as well. I'm wondering if deleeting those temporary files could be related.
Oh, and the new forum kicks ***
Go to File -> Preferences -> General Settings -> Paths, and check automatically delete directories on close of GMS (temp, asset cache, and ide cache). You can also click the three buttons to do a manual delete for each of them in that same location.

I have no idea how you have Gigabytes, I've run countless projects countless times and my appdata files are less then a gig, i'd try hitting the broom icon to clean up the cache, not sure if its the appdata folder though
@EvanSki Yeah, I have a gigabyte for each build.. Its a big game. I'm going to trim it downl though. There is some stuff that itsn't being used anymore.
@chamaeleon Yank. Always a pleasure.