• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Apply button not working

X

Xanato

Hey there,

I think I have found a bug for the mac version of gamemaker studio 2.

In the window where you can change a sprites size there is an option to choose between "none" and "linear" interpolation. When I change it from none to linear and then hit the apply button the change does't get saved. If I open the window again the option is once again back at "none".

I'm using gamemaker studio 2 on MacOSX Mojave.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

I don't think it remembers the value for that, just like it doesn't remember the Pixels/Percent value in the other dropdown box. I think it just applies that interpolation if you actually change the size (which it doesn't look like you are doing as you are not changing the dimension values at all).

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Does this get saved if you actually resize the image, as in, change the width/height as well as the interpolation used? If not, this may never have been intended to be saved. It's not necessarily important to do so (or helpful, for that matter, unless you're intending to mass-resize sprites), so this may just have never been considered.

X

Xanato

I don't think it remembers the value for that, just like it doesn't remember the Pixels/Percent value in the other dropdown box. I think it just applies that interpolation if you actually change the size (which it doesn't look like you are doing as you are not changing the dimension values at all).
Does this get saved if you actually resize the image, as in, change the width/height as well as the interpolation used? If not, this may never have been intended to be saved. It's not necessarily important to do so (or helpful, for that matter, unless you're intending to mass-resize sprites), so this may just have never been considered.
Oh I see. I've just got started with gamemaker so I don't know these basic things yet. Thank you both for helping me out :)