Portfolio - Programming [Open] Experienced programmer for hire

NeutronCat

Hi, I am NeutronCat. I started to learn Game Maker over 10 years ago and have extensive experience in GML Programming. I am especially skilled at coding Platformer, Metroidvania, and other action based games, but can code other game genres as well. I can code motions, generation, inventories, player stats, enemy AI, save/load system and any other stuff related to programming for your project. (Sorry but I won't accept multiplayer game projects at the moment). I can use version control tools like Sourcetree and Github Desktop.

I also know how to use Photoshop and GIMP, and can help artists to do some art resource processing with better optimization and less compatibility issues for your project, if it's needed.

Besides, I have also made games with another game engine (Unity) for years, as well as created 3D models with Blender.

I understand C#, C++, JavaScript, Python, Lua and even some assembly languages. I can always try to learn new things that I don't understand.

Project Showcase

1. Megavania - Metroidvania fangame

It is a Metroidvania like Megaman fangame demo I have made with GM 8 many years ago (sprites using spriters-resource.com):

1.PNG 2.png 3.png 5.png

You can download the demo here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-aEidmafbeKXms9s9XS8I_sUF4GBgCl/view?usp=sharing

2. Simple Pixel Draw - Pixel drawing tool

A simple pixel drawing application made with GMS2:
Use left mouse button to draw a pixel, and right mouse button to erase a pixel (with background color), and middle mouse button to move canvas or zoom in or zoom out. It can also create new canvas, open png file, save png file, load palette file (*.pal) and display grids.
This application has only very basic features for pixel art drawing, since it's just a demonstration indicating my current programming skill. I use the camera, surface and ds_grid techniques to optimize the program making it run faster, and the ImGuiGML library for GUI.
So making similar custom editor is not a hard work for me.

You can check it out here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JXlnh9PLSV7c0THbEgMLyFaKsC8O_ZhJ/view

3. Evil Monkey Head - 3D horror game

It is basically a 3D version of Pac-Man with a first-person perspective. Try to collect all the blue 'Mon-Keys' in the scene and unlock the gate, while avoiding the approach of the red evil monkey heads, which will kill you instantly. There are also some green sphere items that can make the player invincible for limited time. The game is very short, and you may finish it within a few minutes or an hour, depending on your skill.
The project makes use of TheSnidr's SMF system for obj model import and rendering. I modify it a bit so that it can support more vertex lights and pixel lights, and also deleting lights, since lights are highly dynamic and heavily used in the scenes. I also made all the scene models with Blender.

Download

4. Generate a noise texture with shader and retrieve its data in GML - My shader tutorial
My first attempt to make a tutorial that create a Fractional Brownian motion (FBM) noise texture, and retrieve its data from the texture in GML. The main purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate how to generate noise texture with shader, and how to use shader to do simple computations.

Link:

I have the licenses of GameMaker Studio 1.4 Master Collection and GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop.

I charge $10 USD an hour for either GameMaker project or Unity project.
Payment via Paypal. I can work full time.
My timezone: GMT+8

Contact
Email : [email protected]
(or you can PM me directly)

Thank you,
NeutronCat

Last edited:

NeutronCat

Here are some scenes and a game I made with Blender (realtime rendering in other 3D game engine) (yeah I know they're not related to programming šŸ˜Œ ):
6.png 7.png

A physics based breakout game demo with other 3D game engine:
3_.png
9_.png

Last edited:
Can you do online stuff, generation, inventories, player stats (actually anyone can do that one lol), advanced ai. These are some things people wanna know.

skofrant

Hi..
I would have a lot of tasks for you ...
I create a platform game ...
first i need help with the scoreboard.(highscore)

if you are interested write me a private message here

Thank you

NeutronCat

Hello NeutronCat are you there?
I need paid help for my game which is being prepared on the gms 1.4 engine
The PM you sent said "This conversation is closed for new replies. " so I can't reply your PM.
I guess you have found your partner?
Anyway, if you are still interested, you can send a new PM again.