Sandman Private Detective

Get the latest version at https://utopiclabs.itch.io/sandman-private-detective
-----

Hi everyone! My name is Dennis, I am here to show you my current game in progress, I had an account here on the forum but i don't know what happened to that XD...
Anyway, I worked on this game for the last two years. I am also a newbie so most of the time was to figure out how to do stuff on Game Maker Studio.
I made the sprites on blender, and also used some cave interior tiles from opengameart.

All models were made on blender 2.79, rigged and animated on Mixamo. The music is all custom made for the game by a friend, Rafael Rivas. Also a friend from Portugal who is an older GM coder is helping me too.

Here are some screencaps, and a poster. A demo is coming soon, on March 14 a link will be posted.

Screen_7.png Screen_4.png

This is the cave interior, btw I am using fake light 3, wich is a nice lightning system, even tought sometimes it gives me a headache XD

1583903095657.png

This is build 54, i think, it has the old fake light 1

1583903220834.png

This is an older build too, this is one of the selectable characters, Amelia shooting a zombie

1583903384085.png

Last edited:
It looks pretty good. I wonder if the lighting system that gives you headaches is a good choice. Perhaps to rework it a bit......
The lightning system was the fake light 1, it has not a colliding object now in the fake light version 3 now I can set an object and use it for events on the game, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the first version, also I am not so good at surfaces

Hey there, wonderful people! It's been way too long since we last connected, but guess what? I'm back, and I'm bursting with excitement to share all the incredible things that have been happening!

First and foremost, I'm thrilled to announce that I've set up my very own itch.io account at https://utopiclabs.itch.io/sandman-private-detective. There, you'll find brand new artwork and impressive progress that I've made on my project. And wait for it... I've officially obtained an indie license! This means there's a whole new world of possibilities and creativity at my fingertips.

But the excitement doesn't stop there! Brace yourselves, as I'm about to flood you with updates about my little masterpiece. Today is the day when I unveil some of the most thrilling news yet. So stay tuned and keep an eye on my itch page, because I can't wait to hear your feedback.

Thank you all for your amazing support and encouragement along this journey. It means the world to me, and I'm incredibly grateful to have such an enthusiastic community backing my project. Let's make this an unforgettable adventure together!

And now, let me lighten the mood with a detective joke:

"Why did the detective break up with his girlfriend?

She couldn't resist the allure of a 'mysterious case'... it was just too 'crime-tivating!'" 😄

Looking forward to sharing more laughter, excitement, and progress with you all. Stay awesome! *jazz music in background*

funkygallo

For me it was a hell doing isometric stuff, i am kinda hacking a lot of stuff, i am having a lot of collisions, try the game and tell me what you think
yep this type of view (in my game I use the cavalier isometry) consists of pixel controls and masks
By the way I tried the game quickly.
Three tips if I may
- the flashlight light should be more extended
- I couldn't find an exit button to quit the game and back to windows (like Q or ESC)
- the inventory seems small to me

Last edited:
Any feedback is welcome, thanks for taking a look at it.

I will take that at consideration, this week will have those changes, besides the ones you suggest. Thanks for testing it ♥.

One thing i would like to share is that this alpha is kinda of a port from the 1.4 version that it was also a port of an older Sandman project, it is a raw thing, but for the first time I am sharing my little project for the world to try.

Last edited:
Oh man I do very much love when people return to projects after so many years <3 Whooow!
This will never stop until I deliver the game and... this maybe will sound like a rickroll but... never gonna give it up, never gonna let it down ...never gonna say goodbye ♬♩♪♫

Hi people! Today I am uploading a minor upgrade as promised.

Here are some highlights:

- Clear controls (now there is a section with a little explanation of the controls)
- The flashlight is controlled now with left control. Size is increazed. New sprite is on the works.
- You can run with left shift
- Fullscreen controls
- Shading controls, you can control with 0 to 9 (numpad) for debuggin
- With f11 you can debug the hitboxes
- you can switch the weapons, but only on the hud, weapon control is not implemented nor aiming supported yet.

Next update - August 20 :

- Better inventory control
- Inventory pages
- JSON inventory saving and positioning
- Better Main Menu (keyboard controlled)

Captura de pantalla (267).png