• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows What is YYC and VM? And what did I wrong in my case?

D

Dwighty4000

I have put the code in the place in the YYGML.h file as indicated. Then I pressed: "Delete Asset Chache" in "General Settings" -> "paths".
Then I saved and ran the application with F5, then saved again with: "Ctrl + S" and exported.
When exporting, however, the specified additional files were not included and my notebook still uses the Intel HD, even though it should have switched to the powerful GPU !?
What did I forget or do wrong?

Build Your Game
Now, just build your game as per normal for Windows YYC (again, not VM!). If you have built this project before, then we would recommend you clean your cache first.
Once the executable has been built, you can try it on a machine with dual GPUs or send it on to your players for them to compare performance before/after.
Note that this process will add two small text files into your output packages - a .lib file and a .exp file. These are not actually required by the game and can be removed before you send the game to others/upload it to Steam, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DarthTenebris

I'm not sure you can do that, but you can write instructions on how to enable usage of dedicated graphics if the user wanted more performance.

Hope I helped!

D

Dwighty4000

I'm not sure you can do that, but you can write instructions on how to enable usage of dedicated graphics if the user wanted more performance.

Hope I helped!
That would only be the mallet method.
I would like to install something or change my game in such a way that my game is also recognized as a "game" by some graphic drivers and then automatically switch to their powerful components.
Although the Intel graphics unit is at 100% load in the Task Manager under "GPU0", the graphics unit remains the cheap Intel CPU graphic when I play my game...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Contact YoYo Games through the helpdesk and see what they say about this. It sounds like something that needs to be fixed by them, but they may also be able to offer a workaround or a fix that you can implement yourself until the day this is fixed in the actual build process.

D

Dwighty4000

I have put the code in the place in the YYGML.h file as indicated. Then I pressed: "Delete Asset Chache" in "General Settings" -> "paths".
Then I saved and ran the application with F5, then saved again with: "Ctrl + S" and exported.
When exporting, however, the specified additional files were not included and my notebook still uses the Intel HD, even though it should have switched to the powerful GPU !?
Is here a way to let the GMS2 game choose the strong hardware in GPU's ?
So that the Game no longer use the Intel HD Grapic in further and choose the graphic card what is used for performance strong games like GTA 5?
Yoyo games send me this guide, but i't does not work for me because of:
So, what did I forget, to let the gms2 game let use automatical the powerfull hardware like graphic card and not Intel HD?