• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion YYC Compile Error, happens on all projects.

Kaliam

I keep getting this error on all of my projects when I try to use YYC. I have visual studio 2017 community and am linking to the proper batch file.

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
File name: 'rc.exe'
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , Dictionary`2 )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows..ctor()
   at ..()
   at ..(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )
EXCEPTION FILE - C:\Users\Graham\AppData\Local\Temp\f89c3beea8294fa0af8e90f6a30296c9.yyg.saencryptedreport

Thultex

Any News? Same Problem here, on android compile. I tried reinstalling a bunch (GMS and android studio), forcing admin. The
EXCEPTION FILE file IS created but GM seems not to be able to access it.

camerakid

I get very similar errors on my MAC build using the YYC

Code:
System.Exception: could not find archive
   at Igor.MacBuilder.PackageYYC(String _dir)
   at Igor.MacBuilder.Package()
EDIT: a cleanup seems to have solved the issue for me.

Last edited:

Thultex

For Reference: In my case the Problem was an outdated NDK Package (Not the one that comes with android studio autoupdate). I reverenced the right one, deleted the old and was all set.

Pawel

Did you resolved this issue?

I am having similar error when compiling to iOS.

Code:
System.Exception: could not find archive
   w ..(String , String , YYDictionary`2 , String , Boolean , String )
   w Igor.iOSBuilder.Package()
Error shows when I attach any extension to a project for example (GooglePlayServices),
and it doesn't matter if I use VM or YYC.
Without extension project is compiling fine...

Please help!

I'm getting the same error in ide version 2.2.3.425:
Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
File name: 'rc.exe'
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , Dictionary`2 )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows..ctor()
   at ..()
   at ..(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )
EXCEPTION FILE - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\c2b16443c5826e87ec77b13e4db78ab5.yyg.saencryptedreport

I also encountered this issue. I think this is something to do with Windows SDK. I have resolved the issued.
What I did was copy the rc.exe and rcdll.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin (I'm using Visual Studio 2017)

After this, I tried to re-compile. This time the error was with a file called mt.exe. Which I later found it on the same directory as Windows Kit folder and copied it to the Visual Studio bin folder. Voila everything compiled successfully.

Update: Feb 14, 2020
-----------------------------
I uninstalled VS 2017 and all associated tools. After that I installed VS 2015 with Windows 8 SDK build tools and then installed VS 2017 with Windows 10 & 8.1 SDK. Now everything is working(No need to copy those dll's). Weird right?

Last edited:

TERNOX

I also encountered this issue. I think this is something to do with Windows SDK. I have resolved the issued.
What I did was copy the rc.exe and rcdll.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin (I'm using Visual Studio 2017)

After this, I tried to re-compile. This time the error was with a file called mt.exe. Which I later found it on the same directory as Windows Kit folder and copied it to the Visual Studio bin folder. Voila everything compiled successfully.

Update: Feb 14, 2020
-----------------------------
I uninstalled VS 2017 and all associated tools. After that I installed VS 2015 with Windows 8 SDK build tools and then installed VS 2017 with Windows 10 & 8.1 SDK. Now everything is working(No need to copy those dll's). Weird right?
Oh, many thanks! It's work!

But is it even normal that this is how it works? Doesn't anyone use YYC?

chamaeleon

But is it even normal that this is how it works? Doesn't anyone use YYC?
Standard install of VS2019 and pointing Visual Studio location in Platform Settings for Windows to C:\Devtools\VS2019\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat lets me use YYC without any further mucking around with files.

M

McSpooky

Standard install of VS2019 and pointing Visual Studio location in Platform Settings for Windows to C:\Devtools\VS2019\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat lets me use YYC without any further mucking around with files.
What options did you select in this install because I do not have that folder/location
It was a while since I worked on my stuff and all my compiles now error out with this error .

chamaeleon

What options did you select in this install because I do not have that folder/location
It was a while since I worked on my stuff and all my compiles now error out with this error .
Besides my C:\Devtools\VS2019 installation directory path I use across any computer I set up for myself, I pretty much always pick the modules ".Net desktop development", "Desktop development with C++", and "Universal Windows Platform development" in the installer. Although I have never tried it because I want all of these available, my guess is that only "Desktop development with C++" would be required for Windows YYC compilation.

Pawel

I don't know if it helps but all my problems vanished when I plugged
my PC directly to MAC using LAN cable.

My previous setup which was causing problems:
PC connected to router using lan cable, MAC connected to router using Wi-Fi

Setup which works and not causing problems:
PC (Wi-Fi off) connected using LAN cable to MAC, MAC (Wi-Fi on)
So my PC doesn't have access to internet only MAC does.

I use this setup when I make builds to iOS and Mac (not that often)