Digital Pocket System -wish.com-

Amon

Hey guys. This arrived today. I bought it from Wish.com for £15 including delivery. It's got loads of Retro games on it. The Super Mario ones are pretty cool. There is another retro handheld on wish that is capable of playing retro 3d games. It's a little more expensive than this one but I ordered it today as I love retro gaming.

Anyone else have a retro stuff like this?

pocketsystem1.jpg pocketsystem2.jpg

O.Stogden

Wish is basically eBay but less moderated. You can buy all sorts of things on there, including illegal goods, not just ones that break copyright either.

Plenty of scams on it, but some things are legit.

M

Misu

that retro handheld games are the kind that our grandmother buys from a small pharmacy and gifts us for christmas.

We should all get together and make a 9999 in 1 game toy and sell it to our local flee market.

We should all get together and make a 9999 in 1 game toy and sell it to our local flee market.
Totally down for this. Also, in what way does having a handheld system that plays other people's copyrighted games without their permission constitute copyright infringement? Isn't that waived when you have not only SMB3, but Spy VS Spy, Slalom, Contra, and whatever Super Chinese is? The PVP is clearly a wholly original product, even though it looks exactly like a cheap red PSP. That's probably just a coincidence.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Also, in what way does having a handheld system that plays other people's copyrighted games without their permission constitute copyright infringement?
Having a handheld system that plays other people's copyrighted games.

Isn't that waived when you have not only SMB3, but Spy VS Spy, Slalom, Contra, and whatever Super Chinese is?
Copyright law isn't waived when you own a copy of the original product. I'm not allowed to download (from unofficial sources) or create a digital image (as in imaging, not picture) of any game I have a physical copy of. That's still copyright infringement as the original author isn't distributing it this way.

The PVP is clearly a wholly original product, even though it looks exactly like a cheap red PSP. That's probably just a coincidence.
That probably borders on plagiarism, but that's not part of my original concern.

Copyright law isn't waived when you own a copy of the original product.
I know, I know. I was being sarcastic. Keep forgetting it doesn't always translate well in writing. The nerve of the creators of this thing is staggering. And my point on the PSP thing was that on top of ripping off other people's games, they can't even come up with a design for their device that's their own. Well, I guess changing the "S" in PSP to a "V" is an original idea.

Also sarcasm.