failed to load error

S

soggycereal

hey guys! so I was working on my project on a different computer so I uploaded the game file to google drive so I could also get it on this computer (the one im using to make this post). I went to open the file but it loaded and then came up with an error around the lines of : "error failed to load (and then a giant list of everything). i put it into a json validator just in case and also downloaded the file again, it sitll didnt work. do I have to wait till I have access to the original computer to work on the project again or can i fix it from here?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Uploading just the main .yyp file does nothing useful. That's like expecting a whole novel when all you have is the table of contents.

If this is the case, you have no hope of getting the project to work until you get the rest of it from the original computer. Next time, do the sensible thing: Go to File > Export Project and upload the resulting .yyz file instead. That will actually contain everything in the project, not just a listing of what's there.

S

soggycereal

Uploading just the main .yyp file does nothing useful. That's like expecting a whole novel when all you have is the table of contents.

If this is the case, you have no hope of getting the project to work until you get the rest of it from the original computer. Next time, do the sensible thing: Go to File > Export Project and upload the resulting .yyz file instead. That will actually contain everything in the project, not just a listing of what's there.
i did export the project, the file i had uploaded was the .yyz

S

soggycereal

fixed. all i had to do was just upload the exact same file again