• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion VG MUSIC IN MY HEAD

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Already for many, many years I have a video game tune in my head and I just can't find the source or what it is. I only know the melody, but I don't remember the instruments that played it: It could be 8-bit chiptune, SNES music or high quality real instruments. I can hear it in my head, and make out the notes of the melody, I will write it here, so if anyone owns a keyboard, please play these notes, and tell me if you recognise the melody.

If I write a + before the melody, it's the note higher then the previous, and if I write a - it's lower then the previous. If I write a comma, the note is a bit longer, and if I write a dot, it's a new sentence of melody.

C, -G, -Eb -D -C.
C +D +Eb -C -Bb +C -G.

And of this next part I'm not so sure.
C, -G, -Eb +F +G -C.
+D +F -D -Bb +C -G +C

Thanks!

Last edited:
I presume he sounded it out on an instrument of his own and is sharing the notes that way. Just wants someone else to do it and say if they can recognize it. And, it may not be in the original key, (which makes it easier to do) but I don't know.
But also, people with perfect pitch probably could do that, just from notes in their head.

Also, @Kyle Ecker is right, I tried it as well.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Gourmet Race.
OMG I just looked it up and that's it, thanks so much!
Wait, there are people who can remember tunes well enough to write the melody for it from sound in their head? Cantavanda, are you an alien pretending to be a human?
Refer to next quote reply.
I presume he sounded it out on an instrument of his own and is sharing the notes that way. Just wants someone else to do it and say if they can recognize it. And, it may not be in the original key, (which makes it easier to do) but I don't know.
But also, people with perfect pitch probably could do that, just from notes in their head.

I have perfect pitch hehe. I actually study in a classical music college, and do composition, instead of an instrument. So when I have a tune in my head, I can play it on piano using my ear, but this one, I just couldn't find where it was from!
Thanks GMC for helping me out!

K

Kyle Ecker

He actually had it in the correct key, I just listened to it. At least, the original version from Kirby Super Star. (It's been redone in a bunch of games since, probably in different keys.) Pretty impressive.

Gamebot

Speaking of perfect pitch....I can recall many moons ago that was exactly how long distance calls were tested (Before cell phones). It just so happened that to test the long distance in a certain area you would call a number then have a perfect pitch device which would allow you to make FREE long distance calls. The draw back was it just so happened a certain young man had perfect pitch and therefore was able to make free long distance calls. It turned out he got caught, can't remember the time but i'm sure it's still out there somewhere.

Should have used an entire tune.