Job Offer - Programmer Commissioning a foliage sway engine.

Tails1000

Hello! I'm a novice developer who's been working on a passion project on and off for about a year now.
At the moment I have hit a snag in my programming, and am looking for someone knowledgeable who can help me out.
This IS a paid job, and I will be discussing everything to do with prices with potential programmers in private.
I'm well aware programming jobs vary heavily depending on what the job entails. Since I'm inexperienced, I'm not 100% sure how much a job like this should pay. We will discuss that and decide on a fair price before any work actually starts.

In short, I'm looking to simulate wind in my game by having foliage such as grass and leaves sway back and forth naturally. You don't need to be an artist as I will supply you with art-assets to use, but I would prefer to hire a programmer with an artistic eye and a feel for what looks aesthetically pleasing.

I am unsure if this project will require shaders to keep everything optimized, just please know the intention is to have a lot of dynamically swaying foliage. The game doesn't need to run on a potato, but I would like to maintain solid performance on mid-low end computers.

I would like to use Paypal for business.
And please ask me any questions you'd like below or DM me :)

EDIT:
I should go into more specifics of what I'm looking for.
This is what I've been able to create on my own, but it's horribly optimized.
https://imgur.com/a/F4oJbWF

I'm trying to achieve that on a larger scale.
The wind is randomized and can be controlled to be more/less intense.
And it's intended that the grass can react to movement around it such as characters running/jumping.

Last edited:

Tails1000

why dont you just animate it?
I'm planning on having hundreds of different HD sprites to create all kinds of foliage.
Animating every one at 60fps would be nearly impossible.
I edited my first post with an example of the effect I'm trying to achieve.