• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED]I can't build using YYC compiler for Android any more.

Mehdi

I used to get easy YYC builds for android last week. But I don't seem to be able to do so right now. I've changed nothing special. But when I try to use YYC it takes too long,then RAM usage gets too high, my laptop starts crying and nothing happens.,
Apparently something is wrong with NDK. Because i see this log in output.:

Z:\new885M_86E919EE\new885M\default\Scripts\llvm-android>start /w cmd.exe /v:eek:n /c "call ndk.bat"

Can anyone Help Please?

SnoutUp

I think I have the same issue. After popping a command window YYC silently fails at some point, but doesn't stop the build.

Mehdi

SOLVED.
In Android settings:Architecture only ARMV7 must be checked. The rest architectures apparently don't conform with YYC build. So uncheck them.

chirpy

@Mehdi
But you're supporting only armv7 devices that way. It is only ok if you're doing local testing.
In my case I had to disable antivirus when I build, so the total build time becomes much shorter.

Mehdi

@Mehdi
But you're supporting only armv7 devices that way. It is only ok if you're doing local testing.
In my case I had to disable antivirus when I build, so the total build time becomes much shorter.
Do you mean You are able to build using YYC with all architectures?

Mehdi

Yes, I had been able to do that. For high RAM or CPU usage, have you checked that your antivirus isn't running against GMS?
Only once I could build for all 4 architectures.After that it doesn't build anything. The console comes up and nothing more happens.
I disabled Antivirus as you said but it doesnt seem to have any effect on the time or possibility of build..

chirpy

Sorry; I haven't seen anything like it before. Does the console window say anything?
You may want to double check on YYG's setup guides to see if there's something wrong with your Android SDK/NDK/JDK settings. Perhaps something is updated in Android Studio external to GMS?