• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is it possible to create math game on Game Maker?

A

Alex Chechik

Hello all- I'm a teacher completely new to the world of game development. I have an idea for a math game and wanted to know whether it is possible to create such a game on Game Maker. Essentially, in the game, students will encounter a variety of scenarios (i.e. purchasing or selling a product). Based on their decisions in those scenarios, they will either have to add, subtract, multiply, or divide. If they solve the operation correctly, they will be rewarded with points. Is it possible to create such a game using Game Maker? I'd definitely be using Drag and Drop as my coding knowledge is precisely zero lol
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Xor

Alexx

As said, it depends on the complexity of the game.
A game such as this is a great game to start with.
A game such as this can be improved upon as your skills improve.

The programming forum is a friendly place, with plenty of people willing to help you on your journey (providing you at-least try to solve the problems you encounter yourself first).

Sabnock

i would say it is possible to make any game in GMS.

Some genres will require harder work than others but it is more than capable for what you want i should imagine.

G

GmlProgrammer

It is possible to even create math software on game maker.
Some time ago I created a function plotter with a lot of features, so I can't see why not

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Hi there 'professor?'

I am currently learning math :)
I have a few months in hours worth of experience in GML, how ever not much the math functions which may be necessary.
I can also do graphics design and have colleagues that could assist where need be.

Please PM me so we can work on a Game Design Document to get started on this project, I'll work on it in the evenings and upload it to a cloud where you can review the progress.
This will be at no cost to you, of course it does mean that I will bother you with questions, tons of math questions.

Let me know.

R

Rodhirejab

May I know how is the development for the game so far?
I'm a college level math teacher.