• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Script Error with Gamemaker 1.4

FoxxiLoxi

Hello!

A few days ago I notice when I open my GameMaker 1.4 I started to get a script error. I can not figure out what has caused this. Also, when playing around with my GameMaker for Target Platform I would hit IOS output and then the screen would pop-up as if I don't have a license when I do.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I am working on a Surface 3.0 in Windows 10 just upgraded to Creators Edition.

Attachments

FoxxiLoxi

I re-entered my license number to fix the IOS issue I just don't know about the other error that keeps popping up. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I thought maybe that was why my license wasn't working. Just annoying that it keeps coming up.

P

ph101

I had this error and also only after the windows 10 "creators edition" upgrade.

P

ph101

Bump. Some other people must be getting this? I haven't noticed any effect aside from the error message but it comes up every time.

O

Oliver Kitzing

Same here.. annoying. Occured after the Creators Update of Win 10.

Q

Quailfail

Oh thank goodness there is already a thread about this. I just got this error myself:

Untitled.png

Edit: I also want to add that if I click no, it just jumps to whatever project I was working on last.

J

JeTSpice

I too have the exact error in Quailfail's screenshot. However, I do not have the latest Windows 10 update. My version of Windows 10 is 1511, and the OS build is 10586.0
Maybe this script error is not caused by a Windows 10 update.

N

Nikles

Yep! Same error. Here's my Win 10 version.

edit: oh nice @Nocturne, did not read. Sorry then.
I'll just wait (GM:S seems operating normally though, so I guess I can keep working).

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've started getting this error every time I boot up GMS as well (always referring to the same resource), doesn't seem to affect actual performance but it is annoying.

Furthermore, hitting Window->Cascade to arrange open code windows etc causes a similar error and no matter your input, the main GMS IDE window stops responding to keypresses (F5 won't test play, Ctrl-S won't save and so on).

yygerror.PNG

Z

Zaeith

I believe this Script Error may be related to this post, so I am posting it here. Thanks!

I am getting this error in v1.4.1773 (r42006)
Windows 10 Pro: 10.0.15063 Build 15063

GMS_scriptError.png

D

David11

Wow, dont know why I didnt see this topic when I searched. Anyway, Im having same prob, but with win 7. So its not just a win 10.

N

NeZvers

I JUST started to get this on windows 10 and GM:S 1.4.1804.
I don't get it, it worked without problem and then suddenly started to appear on launch and after opening project.
It seems that project works as usual and the problem being on GMS checking network stuff (news and stuff).

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you want that error gone, you have to use 1.4.9999. This is the only version that does not try to access now-defunct online resources for GMS 1.4.

Posho

What version are you using and getting the error in?
If you want that error gone, you have to use 1.4.9999. This is the only version that does not try to access now-defunct online resources for GMS 1.4.
I'm using v1.4.1804 on Steam. I always thought I was using v1.4.9999 but never looked my version up until now.
I just found that if you want v1.4.9999 on Steam you have to opt in it as a Beta. It works normally now, thanks a lot!