• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion "Project Modified" error in GMS 2 since v2.0.4.64

C

Cezar

Try putting your project in a folder that is not linked to a cloud storage. It looks to me like your path has OneDrive and GMS has issues with any projects being worked on in cloud/online folders (eg: OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) as there are chances that the files are being changed by the online system.
Thnx for help.
I did it but this other error appeared:

Attachments

rIKmAN

It's not actually an error, it's a warning that files have been changed.

If you click Save / Reload (depending what you want to do) does it keep happening?
If not then you can just acknowledge it and carry on as normal.

Make sure you have a backup of your project before clicking in case you lose some work when it syncs the files.

Have you tried increasing the values of the File Watcher settings so that they check less often?
upload_2020-1-8_21-3-56.png
Perhaps they are checking too often and incorrectly detecting changes that are actually being done by the IDE as if they are being done by external applications. I know that the file watcher did cause problems in the past, so I think that is why YYG added these settings.

C

Cezar

It's not actually an error, it's a warning that files have been changed.

If you click Save / Reload (depending what you want to do) does it keep happening?
If not then you can just acknowledge it and carry on as normal.

Make sure you have a backup of your project before clicking in case you lose some work when it syncs the files.

Yes, it keeps happening every 10 or 20 seconds without any change or at the moment I try to make any changes, such as creating a Strite, I've tried checking the file save settings to see if it's related, including I already uninstalled and reinstalled to try to solve but without success.

rIKmAN

Yes, it keeps happening every 10 or 20 seconds without any change or at the moment I try to make any changes, such as creating a Strite, I've tried checking the file save settings to see if it's related, including I already uninstalled and reinstalled to try to solve but without success.
Do you have any antivirus or system protection / monitoring software installed that could be checking / syncing / modifying the files at all and that is what GMS2 is detecting?

DukeSoft

I've seen this issue (before, in older versions) when duplicating a sound, and quickly loading in a different wave file. GM would say the original one has changed and ask me to reload. No big issue or breaking, just annoying.