• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Your new decade's resolution! 2020-2029 wishes

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
We will soon enter a new decade, the 2020's! I was born in 1999, so it doesn't seem so special to me, but I'm sure that to some older people, it can seem unreal that we're actually going to enter the 2020's.

Science-fiction predicted so many new technologies for this era, but we're still far off from living in a system without polution, hunger and flying cars.

But let's talk less globally, and more personal. What are your personal wishes for things to happen in this decade? It can be personal, or have to do with the art of gamedev. It can be career-related, or to do with family.

I personally want to transform into a hybrid of a cactus and a cat. I don't know how it's going to work out, but we'll see. On a more serious note, I also want to start a career as a professional musician. I'm planning to release my first single in April of 2020. I also want to find time again to learn to code, and make the game I'm dreaming of, but school, music and religion has priority over gamedev, so I always end up procrastinating it. I'd love to find the princess of my life and marry her this decade. I'm almost 21 and have never experienced anything romantic, so it's about time that starts hehe. I also want to not get banned or restricted from any online communities this decade! I've had so much of that the 2010's hahahaha. Maybe I will have a super dramatic death in 2026, no one knows! Hahahaha.

Now it's your turn!
And maybe, in ten years, we can look back on this topic and see how much of our wishes came true (except for that last part)!

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I hope to become ludicrously successful, have a family, and crush my enemies underfoot. All of which will probably be easier than getting a degree, which I also plan to do. I hope to reach a comfortable point where I don't have to worry about money, and sit in a rocking chair making video games for years to come. Basically, I'm gonna be an old person as soon as possible. XD

Retirement, here I come!

Edit- Solid thread idea by the way. Good luck with your musical career and everything. If I ever become wealthy, I'll give you a job. Lol.

woodsmoke

Although I'm quite athletic I eat way too much at night (thanks a lot weed) especially sweets. I want to remove highly processed food (especially white sugar) from my diet. Nature provides us with so much tasty food stuff (nuts, fruits, taters, milk..) why eat stuff that makes you feel like 💩💩💩💩 afterwards. Maybe if I loose 5-7kg I can do a slam dunk again when I'm 40. I always said I want to still be able to with 50.

I also want to stop watching videos on the internet till 3AM when I have to go to work in the morning.

Last edited:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Solid thread idea by the way. Good luck with your musical career and everything. If I ever become wealthy, I'll give you a job. Lol.
Thank you! I'll be sure to post my future creations here. And I'll gladly accept that job hahaha! And crush your enemies :cool:

Look forward to Homestead being finished in 2029! :D
Can't wait!

Maybe if I loose 5-7kg I can do a slam dunk again when I'm 40.
Good luck! I also want to lose about 7kg. But I'll try doing it in a year instead of 10 lol.

I also want to stop watching videos on the internet till 3AM when I have to go to work in the morning.
Good idea hahaha! YouTube is so distracting.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Firstly, I hope to avoid being on fire though that's looking less and less likely each day...

Had a rough ending of 2019, so I'm planning to take it easy and restructure my life.
I'm going to travel overseas for the first time.
And I am going to release a bloody game this year. Even if it's something stupid and small, it's going to happen. Need to start somewhere.
My other goal is to put myself out there more musically. Finish some of my original songs, and remixes. But also, sign on to more projects and collaborations.
Basically I just plan to make a 💩💩💩💩-tonne more stuff more often.

I thought about maybe eating better or being more active but, I like bad food too much.

Thats easy, I am going to crossdress as a goth, write more music ( try and put some on youtube ), and work on developing games ( about 40+ of them ), work on my website, and exercise more if I can. And just the tip of the ice berg of things I want to do. Its going to be fun fun fun..... :)

devKathy

Well, probably nothing notable, but I do want to get to the gym 2-3 times a week this year.

Also, want to learn to keep listening and being kind to folks even when I'm in a bad mood. Which I'm not now! :)

Bingdom

Googledom
Had a rough ending of 2019, so I'm planning to take it easy and restructure my life.
I'm going to travel overseas for the first time.
Are we... Twins? Haha. Entirety of 2019 was pretty much rough for me. Just landed in a different country and so far the experience has been exciting and totally different to what I was expecting!

Curious though, what was the drive to travel overseas? Looking to start fresh?

Hopefully within this decade I find myself in a happier position, and better ideas on what I want to do with life.

@Bingdom Yeah, 2019 started off rocky, started to look good before crashing hard...

If you need to talk, I am rarely busy at the moment, dude.

Curious though, what was the drive to travel overseas? Looking to start fresh
Short version is, I met my father for the first time a few years ago and he lives in America(visits Aus often) and he has been wanting me to come visit and stay a while. I figure now is as good a time is any.
The only upside to my life exploding recently, is that I currently have no responsibilities or obligations or anything to really stop me.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Its hard to imagine Cantavanda being 20! Time moves along doesn't it?!?!

Resolutions?! Besides the common "finish my game" stuff, I'm a member of the "get myself into shape" crowd. I'm about 40 lbs overweight, drink too much sugary soda drinks, and need to get into a nice consistent workout routine.

I actually have some specific goals in mind as well. The last few months I've been watching some videos and learning stuff I need to get some IT certifications, like A+, Network+, and depending on which way I go either Security+ or CCNA stuff. Here in the USA we get tax refunds in the first few months of the year, I'm guessing beginning of March, with a possible advance before that depending on how we do things this year. I'm planning on using a portion of that money to pay for those certifications, and plan to have a new job started in April. I'd say a new career but technically I'm already doing IT, just that my company sucks badly.