Arachnids chat thread

An arachnid is an eight legged creature.

Also arachnids are eight legged creatures.

To see images of An Arizona Bark Scorpion please go to Google website and then left click on Images and then type in Arizona Bark Scorpion and then press down enter button or return button and then let go of the button.

Here's one image:

Two questions to all of you:

1.What unusual places have you ever in person for sure seen An Arizona Bark Scorpion?

2.What unusual places has anyone else ever seen in person An Arizona Bark Scorpion?

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
What unusual places has anyone else ever seen in person An Arizona Bark Scorpion?
My friend's mother was bitten by a scorpion in her shoe she'd left on the porch to dry.

Many decades have past since then, and I don't live near scorpions. But to this day, I always check my shoes before putting them on.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Don't forget to check your bananas before eating them as well. Only eat them if they have less than eight legs. Just in case.
Thats a Banana.png

Roa

Funny enough, ohio and Kentucky have scorpions. They're stupid rare. Little tiny ones with little to no venom and I rarely see them, but they exist.

I've seen all kinda of crazy rare and undocumented critters here in ohio.
Some areas have glowing earth worms that appear in some of the more hilly forested muddy areas. The people who lived there said they never noticed them in 20 years. They wriggled up to the surface enmass and gave off a very faint glow. You could see them every foot or so for hundreds of feet. It was like a worm apocalypses. Funny enough, when morning came, there was no sign of them except the ones we saved, and they just looks like regular dehydrated earth worms. I've only ever seen them twice.

I've seen some weird bug that was the size of the palm of my hand that looks like a cross between a cicada and a grass hopper. Had the body of a cicada, yellow and gold, but with stubby wings, and the head features of a grass hopper with those creepy bulging eyes. It also made noises like a cicada but sounded more like a rattle snake and made randomly clicking noises. It scared the 💩💩💩💩 out of me cause it was 💩💩💩💩ing huge. It was fast as 💩💩💩💩 too! Didn't expect it to get off the ground, but then it travels at mach 10 cause we scared it. It was so big, it looks like a small bird flying away for its life.

And I've seen ants the size of of my thumb 3 separate times. Looked like the fattest hornet ever with no wings.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I've seen some weird bug that was the size of the palm of my hand that looks like a cross between a cicada and a grass hopper. Had the body of a cicada, yellow and gold, but with stubby wings, and the head features of a grass hopper with those creepy bulging eyes. It also made noises like a cicada but sounded more like a rattle snake and made randomly clicking noises.
Sounds like a periodical cicada. Instead of emerging annually, they come out after 17 years underground.

Enormous swarms of flying adult cicadas blot out the sun and resemble a biblical plague.

EDIT: they may be worse than scorpions in your shoes.