• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 How to export game as HTML5 in GM 1.4???

D

Dezlite

I have Game Maker Studio 1.4.9999 for a long time, and I just make a game for my class, and I exported at an EXE just fine, but they want it in HTML 5 so everybody can play it.

I looked at tutorials and I need to open "Global Game Settings" and navigate to the top and find HTML 5. But, I only see General, Texture Groups, Audio Groups, Project Info, Windows, Mac OS X, Windows 8, Linux, Android/Fire (Test), Source Control, In App Purchases, Analytics, Advertising, and Steam.

I heard you had to pay for HTML5, but I believe all versions of Game Maker 1.X is free at this point.

Please help! I need this game done in two days!!!!!!

rIKmAN

I heard you had to pay for HTML5, but I believe all versions of Game Maker 1.X is free at this point.
You always had to pay for the export modules, even if it was just $15 when the Humble Bundle was on years ago - they have never been free.

1.4 licences are not sold anymore so there is no way to legitimately get one - you should probably explain this to your teacher and ask her if they have any valid educational licences that will allow you to export to HTML5.

Other than that you would be looking at $149 (current price, no sales on at the moment) for the GMS2 HTML5 licence, but I don't think you should be expected to purchase a licence to fulfil the requirements of your class assigment, so as I said - I would talk to your teacher.