• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Shapes In The Sky - A Breakout Arcade Game!

A

Andrew R. C. Beck

Hello Ladies and Gentlespoons! I would like to introduce you to Shapes in the Sky!

SO! What is this game about? In Shapes in the Sky you are a ship tasked with defending the world from invading aliens that have come to be known as Sky Shapes. Using your ship, you must blast an energy ball at them before using your shield and expert manouvers to deflect and take them all out! You will end up chasing the Sky Shapes through space until getting to the source and defeating them all!

K

Kanugane

Tested this game out. Basically a ping pong game where you need to use a single ball to take out all aliens.

Gameplay wise, it felt quite smooth. No stuttering or glitches.

Graphics are something that needs to be changed eventually. Otherwise, you have a solid base platform for your project.

Good luck with it!

A

Andrew R. C. Beck

Tested this game out. Basically a ping pong game where you need to use a single ball to take out all aliens.

Gameplay wise, it felt quite smooth. No stuttering or glitches.

Graphics are something that needs to be changed eventually. Otherwise, you have a solid base platform for your project.

Good luck with it!
Hello there my friend! I appreciate your feedback on the demo! Would I be able to ask you to elaborate on what you see needs to be changed graphics wise? :)

K

Kanugane

Well, first of all, the colors of user interface and the room level are blending between each other. There are no outlines/borders that would separate different user interface elements.
Hence it's a bit hard to receive information. For example, my eye just can't "grasp" some of the stuff straight on.

How to put it right, uhm. Make your interface standout, have clear borders. I hope I was able to deliver my thoughts to you in a clear way!

A

Andrew R. C. Beck

Well, first of all, the colors of user interface and the room level are blending between each other. There are no outlines/borders that would separate different user interface elements.
Hence it's a bit hard to receive information. For example, my eye just can't "grasp" some of the stuff straight on.

How to put it right, uhm. Make your interface standout, have clear borders. I hope I was able to deliver my thoughts to you in a clear way!
That was incredibly helpful, accurate feedback my good friend! Thank you muchly for the clarification! :D :D