20th Anniversary Sale not working?

B

Brainworm

Hey,
I got an E-Mail yesterday, that each additional license would be off 50% to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Game Maker. Unfortunately the sale does not show up on the website for me, though it shows my Steam license of GMS2 Desktop. Is the sale not for people that bought the steam license? Would be really sad.

PS: I mean, why do I even get this mail, if the sale is not for me?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YUBSY

I have actually got the exact same issue as well. I do have a Steam License too, and am unable to locate anything to show where to apply or use the discount!

Any help would be appreciated!

rIKmAN

There’s a few people on reddit reporting the same thing, and others saying that logging in and going to their licences page shows the ones they already own at the top and the ones they don’t own that are in the sale at the bottom with the 50% off price being correctly shown.

B

Brainworm

I reported the issue via the Helpdesk, i hope they can fix it soon. I don't want to wait for another 50% off sale :-/.

JimB

Thanks rIKmAN it is correct the discounts are showing in red.

Just bought the MOBILE license.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

If they aren’t showing for anyone using the instructions I gave above, try logging out, deleting your browser cookies and logging back in.

Alternatively try a different browser.

B

Brainworm

Is the licenses page the page that shows at my screenshot above?

rIKmAN

Is the licenses page the page that shows at my screenshot above?
Yeah I believe so (not at PC to check), try my suggestions above and see if it helps.

I guess it could be a glitch with Steam licences not showing the discounts, as JimB said his is not a Steam Licence.

B

Brainworm

Yeah I believe so (not at PC to check), try my suggestions above and see if it helps.

I guess it could be a glitch with Steam licences not showing the discounts, as JimB said his is not a Steam Licence.
Unfortunately it does not help. I tried different browsers, that I never used before to login. I think the problem is, that under "Purchase History" it does not show that I bought any license in the past. But under "Products/Licenses" it shows my Steam license. Under my Steam license, I can purchase other licenses, but there is no discount on any of them at all.

rIKmAN

Unfortunately it does not help. I tried different browsers, that I never used before to login. I think the problem is, that under "Purchase History" it does not show that I bought any license in the past. But under "Products/Licenses" it shows my Steam license. Under my Steam license, I can purchase other licenses, but there is no discount on any of them at all.
Yeah, that’s what I meant by “a glitch with Steam licences” where the system isn’t detecting licences bought on Steam and linked, rather than bought directly through the YYG site.

Have to wait for a reply to the ticket I guess, but hopefully they should honour the sale if it turns out to be an issue in their back end.

B

Brainworm

Yeah, that’s what I meant by “a glitch with Steam licences” where the system isn’t detecting licences bought on Steam and linked, rather than bought directly through the YYG site.

Have to wait for a reply to the ticket I guess, but hopefully they should honour the sale if it turns out to be an issue in their back end.
I hope so too, contacted them via Facebook, just to be sure, since I was not sure which is the right category for the ticket.

O.Stogden

Yeah, likewise I can't get the discount with my copy registered as a "Steam" copy, even though I never use GMS2 through Steam. :p

B

Brainworm

Yeah, likewise I can't get the discount with my copy registered as a "Steam" copy, even though I never use GMS2 through Steam. :p
Sometimes I think it would have been better to not have bought GMS2 at Steam. The Steam versions seem to be a magnet for such issues.

rIKmAN

I hope so too, contacted them via Facebook, just to be sure, since I was not sure which is the right category for the ticket.
I’m not sure how active they are on Facebook as I don’t use it, but I’d recommend Tweeting them if you have an account as they are quite active on there.

I’ll also @Dan @rmanthorp and @Nocturne in case they come here first so they can see if they can advise and confirm what the issue is and stop people panicking.

I don’t think many people actually use the Steam version, they just buy it there as it’s cheaper then link the account and use standalone. Running through Steam is just an extra pain that isn’t needed.

B

Brainworm

I’m not sure how active they are on Facebook as I don’t use it, but I’d recommend Tweeting them if you have an account as they are quite active on there.

I’ll also @Dan @rmanthorp and @Nocturne in case they come here first so they can see if they can advise and confirm what the issue is and stop people panicking.

I don’t think many people actually use the Steam version, they just buy it there as it’s cheaper then link the account and use standalone. Running through Steam is just an extra pain that isn’t needed.
Thank you very much for your help!
PS: I tweeted them too.

O.Stogden

Working here too, I just bought the wrong module on accident though, attempting to get a refund so I can get the right one.

I dumb. :'(

JimB

Working here too, I just bought the wrong module on accident though, attempting to get a refund so I can get the right one.

I dumb. :'(
I did that as well, nearly bought the WEB package instead of the Android, just noticed it at the last moment.

I still don't see any discount.

Why is the Sale a secret tho? I thought it was supposed to be a celebration, you know, 20 years? Kind of a big deal.

Writing "a special one day anniversary sale" is barely any marketing/announcement.

Well, I was hoping to get GMS2, been refreshing the page for hours all day until I saw there was some "issue".

*Checks again*

Yup, still no sale.

O.Stogden

Yeah, that's what I did, bought Web instead of Android.

Difficult on phone as you have to scroll the web page to click buy and the module names disappear haha

JimB

I still don't see any discount.

Why is the Sale a secret tho? I thought it was supposed to be a celebration, you know, 20 years? Kind of a big deal.

Writing "a special one day anniversary sale" is barely any marketing/announcement.

Well, I was hoping to get GMS2, been refreshing the page for hours all day until I saw there was some "issue".

*Checks again*

Yup, still no sale.
I think its only License's for export modules.

rIKmAN

RizbIT

how do you get the 50% offer? I havent bought any of the GMS2 modules yet, I have only installed the free trial version, can i still get the 50% off offer on the mobile module?

rIKmAN

how do you get the 50% offer? I havent bought any of the GMS2 modules yet, I have only installed the free trial version, can i still get the 50% off offer on the mobile module?
No, it was for people who already owned at least 1 licence to get a discount on others.
There was 20% off on Humble but that's finished now too.

Keep an eye out over Black Friday and the lead up to xmas as there may be other sales.

kupo15

No, it was for people who already owned at least 1 licence to get a discount on others.
There was 20% off on Humble but that's finished now too.

Keep an eye out over Black Friday and the lead up to xmas as there may be other sales.
wait did I miss the 50% off deal? I unfortunately didn't get the email, the Autumn 20% is nice but I was holding out for something special with that. I'll wait until Cyber monday but it seems like 20% it is...which is still good though

rIKmAN

wait did I miss the 50% off deal? I unfortunately didn't get the email, the Autumn 20% is nice but I was holding out for something special with that. I'll wait until Cyber monday but it seems like 20% it is...which is still good though
It was a 1 day deal for people who already owned at least one licence to get others at 50% off to celebrate the 20th anniversary.