• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Achievement_login does nothing for me.

• Thread starter KotaManProductions
  • Start date
K

KotaManProductions

I followed both the official YoYoGames tutorials for setting up leaderboards to a T. (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004274212 and https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004359432)

It seems pretty straight forward with very little code involved, yet when my button is pressed to initiate achievement_login, nothing happens. It doesn't try to open Google Play, it doesn't give an error or anything. I've tried both plugged in and fully published and downloaded from Play Store to no avail. When plugged in the console says something about signing in from a NULL device. I assumed that was because it was plugged in and not using Google's new automated key system so that's why I moved to the Play Store.

Has anyone gotten leaderboards working with the new 2.2.4 release. Is there a new workaround for this release that I'm missing?

K

KotaManProductions

After combing through my output line by line I saw this line. " Failed to find appid, Google Play Services will not be initialised." Probably safe to assume that's my issue, but why would I be getting this error? The correct app ID is in my Android settings "Google Services ID".

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
After combing through my output line by line I saw this line. " Failed to find appid, Google Play Services will not be initialised." Probably safe to assume that's my issue, but why would I be getting this error? The correct app ID is in my Android settings "Google Services ID".
Can you post a screenshot of the ID? Might be you are using the wrong value... Also, make sure in the Game Services section of the developer console that all the checks are complete and that you have "published" the app, both on the Game Services console, and as at least an Alpha/Beta build in the App Console.