• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

PacTurtle! Ready to publish!

D

Dale Nichols

Hey, for you PacMan lovers, like me! I have created a game thru Gamemaker 1.4 titled "DAN's PacTurtle", 5 levels! A fast turtle is our hero, gobbling up pods of food on its run around a maze. Made for Windows PC's. Monsters after it are octupi and sleeping crocodiles. More food are minnows and jellyfishes for the turtle to gobble up for more bonus points! If it gets bitten no lives lost, a new one just placed in middle of layout. Added feature is when click on space key it hides into its shell (as shown in images). Highscore list top ten names. Instructions included on use of keystrokes. Anyone wanna try it out before I go ahead to market it, zipfile to email address?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MeBoingus

Not to be rude, Dale...

But this project looks like it was made in Game Maker 5.3a. You really need to work on the graphics before this will be a marketable project. In fact, by the sound of things, you need to add in quite a few more features before it'd even be on-par with most free project files here on the forums.

D

Dale Nichols

Not to be rude, Dale...

But this project looks like it was made in Game Maker 5.3a. You really need to work on the graphics before this will be a marketable project. In fact, by the sound of things, you need to add in quite a few more features before it'd even be on-par with most free project files here on the forums.
Yes, I started this project with GM 1.4 back in 2015. I used photo cutouts for the turtle and maze posts. Being great on graphics is of little concern of mine as I concentrated on mechanics of running the game. However, in later versions there'll be improvements. Right now, I consider players' reviews on this game.

D

Dale Nichols

Built off a classic. Looks ok. Maybe some upgrades could help.

I like the hide in its shell idea.
Yes, I could have a video showing how fast this turtle goes! Hide-shell helps stop its movement so it can turn for another direction.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I moved this topic here (from Game Design), since it's ready for distribution.

You aren't obligated to post a demo in this forum. But If you're willing to send a copy to anyone who asks, why not just post it? You can always close the topic and remove the download after its final release. But that's your choice.

Last edited:
D

Dale Nichols

I moved this topic here (from Game Design), since it's ready for distribution.

You aren't obligated to post a demo in this forum. But If you're willing to send a copy to anyone who asks, why not just post it? You can always close the topic and remove the download after its final release. But that's your choice.
Yeah, what I did just to say something like I just said, that brings results like your reply.