Windows BRUTAL RAGE - 2D Beat them up - Demo available - XboxOne / Ps4 / Switch / PC

2Bad Games

Hello everybody I'm Tony from 2BAD GAMES, I'm working on my new game BRUTAL RAGE
so I would like to show you the game if you have any feedback, questions do not hesitate !
Demo is available on Gamejolt, Indiedb & itchio ! :D

DEMO LINKS

Gamejolt link
InideDB link
itch.io link

GAMEPLAY

BRUTAL RAGE is a co-operative or single player scrolling beat’em up game
the game is an homage to classic 90s beat 'em ups like Street of Rage, Final Fight,Double dragon etc
this game will brings you back to the golden age of arcade games

STORY

In a corrupted city the crime reigns
They agent Kurt and Mac are the best cops of the city
but someone has trapped them !
Embark on a brutal path of blood for retribution
Escape from the prison and prove your innocence

FEATURES

Play with you friend in a local Co-Op campaign
2 playable characters : Kurt & Mac with her own style fighting
6 Episodes and more than 18 stages
Use your rage to beat your enemies and bring the justice
Use a variety of weapons including bats, knives, guns, and more.
Retro pixel art graphics
A lot of brutal fight & cliché (obviously)

SCREENSHOT

Do not hesitate to follow me on my twitter @2badgames
I try to post advancement of the project every days ;)

Last edited:

2Bad Games

Hello everybody, Finaly after some days of work the 1st official trailer of BRUTAL RAGE is avalaible
take a look and do not hesitate to give me feedback !

Also I have some new screenshots for you !

I will post more information and a demo soon so stay tuned !

Thank you for your support !
Do not hesitate to follow me on my twitter @2badgames (I try to post advancement of the project every days)

Attachments

2Bad Games

The graphics look good, but animation is a little stiff. The walking specifically looks like shuffling
Thank you for your feedback, I think some animation need more work .
specifically the walking animation.
I will re-work this and post the result soon !

2Bad Games

Too much screenshake. Everything doesn't need it...it makes the game way too dizzying
Thank you for your feedback, screen shakes are really important they add more "brutality" on the game.
But don't worry, the screen shakes and the aberration chromatic effect can be disable on the "settings" of the game.

Note: About the last screenshot I've posted, the player is on "RAGE" mode so the screen contain
screen shakes and the aberration chromatic effect.

2Bad Games

The graphics look good, but animation is a little stiff. The walking specifically looks like shuffling
Again, thank you for your feedback
I have reworked my walking animation

This is the old walking animation !
Gif14.gif

And this is the new !
Gif8.gif

I think the new animation is more natural ! :D

2Bad Games

I'm working on my animations so I post a new screenshot :D
As you can see (on the green guy) "spine 2D" do some weird things !
I'm currently working to correct this :confused:

Last edited:
-The animation looks like a hinged skeleton, you might want to change the feet to add smoother and more realistic animation.
- Light source is coming from above, but because you have hinged sprites with spine, your shadows are on top in some circumstances.
- Try a shader that allows for less colors to emulate that 16-bitness.
- Your lights look white. Take your game in full color, then add darkness surface to it, and cut out the darkness to make the lights. So rather than a white light, it's just the absence of darkness.
- White text on a yellow health bar? White text on a grey bar? In hexcolor, yellow is FFFF00, white is FFFFFF. Do you see where I'm going with this?
- X button on your screenshots. The blue melds in with the black button. Have you thought about just making the button the color and the text the black? Maybe with a black outline? Like the XBox 360 controller buttons.

Last edited:

2Bad Games

-The animation looks like a hinged skeleton, you might want to change the feet to add smoother and more realistic animation.
- Light source is coming from above, but because you have hinged sprites with spine, your shadows are on top in some circumstances.
- Try a shader that allows for less colors to emulate that 16-bitness.
- Your lights look white. Take your game in full color, then add darkness surface to it, and cut out the darkness to make the lights. So rather than a white light, it's just the absence of darkness.
- White text on a yellow health bar? White text on a grey bar? In hexcolor, yellow is FFFF00, white is FFFFFF. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Hello, Thank you for all you feedbacks ;)
I will work on this improvements !

Looks like it could be a lot of fun! Love beat em ups, so I'm keen to keep an eye on this.
All the background art and HUD elements look great(But I agree about some of the elements sitebender mentioned like the white text on yellow bars, etc)
The sprites look good, but the animations could use a little work to look less stiff. Your last post with the updated walk animation is showing some good improvement but still needs some work in my opinion. Some of the rotation and movement is slightly jittery and I noticed some of the limbs change length a bit which is a bit odd! Skeletal animation can be a bit tough to get right, but you're on the right track!

2Bad Games

Hello everybody, BREATHTAKING ! BRUTAL RAGE - Demo is available on itch.io, IndieDB & Gamejolt !

Demo links:

Gamejolt link
InideDB link
itch.io link

Demo content :

- The training level (tutorial)
- A short version of the 3rd episode (story mode)
- 1 of the 3 playable characters available on the final game !
- compatible with gamepad

This game is currently in development ;)

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING BRUTAL RAGE DEMO !
DO NOT HESITATE TO RECORD AND SHARE YOUR GAMEPLAY !

rIKmAN

Do you have previous games or are you a company that has been previously been accepted onto MS / Sony / Nintendo consoles, or did you just apply as an individual with this game and were accepted by all of them?

Good luck with it!

2Bad Games

Do you have previous games or are you a company that has been previously been accepted onto MS / Sony / Nintendo consoles, or did you just apply as an individual with this game and were accepted by all of them?

Good luck with it!
Hello, Yes my company has been accepted on Xbox One I' have already launched 2URVIVE ( my previous game ).
But for BRUTAL RAGE negotiations are actually underway ! ;)

M

Misty

I played the game. Good game, but too slow paced. The tutorial sucks. I have to hit a punching bag 20 times with tedious slow paced combat. I rushed through the tutorial and just hurriedly clicked through the text without reading it much. On the second part it said to throw a weapon. But there was no weapons anywhere on the ground. So I had to wait 1 minute for it to restart the tutorial. Then when it reset the tutorial it did not give me the text again. So I quit.

breakmt

Hey! This is nice game :) Controls for keyboard is a little uncomfortable for me... I will try with joystick later. But anyway I see potential in this game. Also, I think hit with weapon should have more "punchy" animation. Graphics and music are nice!
But there was no weapons anywhere on the ground.
Yeah... I thought it is bug, but then I found weapon inside a barrel :)