GameMaker Execute script with variable

M

Mael

Hello everyone!
I have a small problem in my mobile project. I created a button that should lead to the next level. All the level atributes are saved in scripts: scr_level1 , scr_level2 , scr_level 3 and so on. So in the button I added these lines:

// this button is in rm_game
//when button is pressed/released
nextLevel = global.actualLevel + 1; // this global variable is set when the level script is executed
script = "scr_level"+string(nextLevel);
script_execute(script);
room_goto(rm_game);

With this I would expect this for example: I open level 1. scr_level1 loads all the settings. global.actualLevel = 1 now.
When the button appears and you click it, nextLevel = 1 + 1. Then script = "scr_level"+"2". script_execute(scr_level2); room_goto(rm_game);

But instead I get this crash message:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object obj_nextLevel:
(null) argument 1 incorrect type (string) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Object_obj_nextLevel_Mouse_7 (line 4) - script_execute(script);
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_nextLevel_Mouse_7 (line 4)

How can I resolve the problem? I dont want to create different buttons for each level.
Thank you for your time. :)

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
use script = asset_get_index("scr_level"+"2") instead of script = "scr_level"+"2"

The string "scr_level2" is different from the ID scr_level2, which is a number like 27 by the time you're running the game.

M

Mael

use script = asset_get_index("scr_level"+"2") instead of script = "scr_level"+"2"

The string "scr_level2" is different from the ID scr_level2, which is a number like 27 by the time you're running the game.
Thank you very much, it worked! I would never had gotten it correct. Have a nice day :)