Asset - Extension Taptics: A Haptic Feedback Extension for iPhone 7

N

neil95

Hi all,

Just released my first ever extension to the Marketplace yesterday.

Taptics lets you use the new Taptic Engine in the iPhone 7 with your Gamemaker games. This means that you can add really cool haptic effects that weren't possible before. If you've ever used an iPhone 7, you know how nice and precisely controlled the new haptic effects are, and they can add a really nice level of polish to your game.

Taptics is really easy to use and is pretty much a 1:1 conversion from the iOS API.

There's documentation in the Marketplace description and an included sample project that shows how the haptic effects can be used.

Note: Taptics only works on iPhone 7 (and iPhone 7 Plus). Older iPhone models don't have the new Taptic Engine and can't play these haptic effects. So calling any of Taptic's functions on older devices won't do anything.

Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions for improvements. : )

J

jumboeats

Hi Neil - glad to find this thread. I got the asset from the marketplace but was unable to get it working. The scripts / functions simply did not show when typed.

I am using GMS2 so maybe it’s not compatible, but any help would be... a help!

J

N

neil95

Hi Neil - glad to find this thread. I got the asset from the marketplace but was unable to get it working. The scripts / functions simply did not show when typed.

I am using GMS2 so maybe it’s not compatible, but any help would be... a help!

J
Hey jumbo,

Yeah… so I never figured out why, but the marketplace seems to have trouble uploading the extensions folder (where all the actual iOS code is). I’ve just been having people email me and I’ll email them an attachment to the full project including the missing extensions folder. If you send me an email (click “Contact Publisher” here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4767/taptics), I can email you back with the full project. (Since it doesn’t seem like I can add attachments on this forum.)

J

jumboeats

Hey jumbo,

Yeah… so I never figured out why, but the marketplace seems to have trouble uploading the extensions folder (where all the actual iOS code is). I’ve just been having people email me and I’ll email them an attachment to the full project including the missing extensions folder. If you send me an email (click “Contact Publisher” here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4767/taptics), I can email you back with the full project. (Since it doesn’t seem like I can add attachments on this forum.)
Neil, that's amazing! I have emailed you :) Thankyou

A

Andreas Thuröe

Hey neil95, is this still a thing? Can't find it in marketplace. /A

A

alter_life

Hi neil95! Could you please send it for me as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Steevo

The spam bots are gonna love all of the email addresses in this thread :D

A

alter_life

Just added to my project, I love it! Maybe you can publish your extension and add the link to the dropbox folder with ios files?

As example heyzap extension. They just wrote: "Download and place "iOSSourceFromMac" to "YOUR_PROJECT_DIRECTORY.gmx\extensions\HeyZapExt" folder"

Q

qst0

Looks like I'm really late to the party, is there any way to do this still? I would love some iOS haptics!

A

Asce770

Is there anyway I could get the documentation too, the help and notes are blank?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Posting your email address on a public forum can invite spam or hackers. So I don't recommend it.

It's safer to use the GMC personal message system to share information in private.

rIKmAN

@neil95 It would be easier for everyone if you hosted it on itch.io or GitHub or somewhere similar where it could be downloaded by anyone who wanted to test it without having to chase you down or you having to take time manually curating and sending emails etc.

Just a thought.

G

Gravedrinker

This extension unfortunately doesn't work with Gamemaker Studio 2 it seems. I tried importing the project but it instantly closes gamemaker and afterwards says the project has been moved so can't be opened. Exporting the extension didn't work either since GMS2 seems to use a different file format. Is there an alternative, or any way you could update it? I couldn't find any other possibility to use haptics on iOS in Gamemaker Studio 2, it would be awesome to have.