• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Corrupt Windows GMS2 IDE text after building for Android

W

Wilda

Building for Windows is fine but if I build for Android most of the lower case o's in the GMS2 IDE change to ˪'s when the app starts running on my phone. It stays this way until I close GMS2. If I reload GMS2 it's fine until I build for Android again. This doesn't affect my code or game just the GMS2 IDE text. Everything seems to work fine but it's really annoying to read Output text, menus, etc.

This just started today. I've rebooted Windows and I re-installed GMS2 for Windows and Steam and it still does it in both versions.

I'm running IDE v2.2.3.436 Steam Runtime v2.2.3.344 and IDE v2.2.3.436 Runtime v2.2.3.344 on Windows 10 1903 build 18362.388.

I tried to attach a screenshot of my GMS2 IDE but I just get an error uploading the image to the forum. Might be because I haven't made five or more posts yet.

W

Wilda

Seems to have fixed itself after changing the build from API level 28 to 27, building and then switching back to 28. Crossing fingers it stays fixed. If anyone has any idea why it happened in the first place that would be great to know.

salyossy

Building for Windows is fine but if I build for Android most of the lower case o's in the GMS2 IDE change to ˪'s when the app starts running on my phone. It stays this way until I close GMS2. If I reload GMS2 it's fine until I build for Android again.
I experience exacty the same thing. Tried 3 different versions of gms2... Started to happen when tested my game on older phone..

Seems to have fixed itself after changing the build from API level 28 to 27, building and then switching back to 28
i'll give that a try!