• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Licence has expired

S_Kleer

Please help me!
I use GMS2 since 2017 year and today I get message that my trial version is expired...
But I have permanent license for desktop version...

trial.jpg

rIKmAN

Please help me!
I use GMS2 since 2017 year and today I get message that my trial version is expired...
But I have permanent license for desktop version...

View attachment 26685
Did you just update to the latest beta release?

If so it was mentioned that you will have to revalidate your credentials online and relogin.
I would have thought it would popup the login box, but maybe try an uninstall / reinstall and then logging back in.

S_Kleer

This message show me after login window...
So, after reinstall I have the same situation...

Oh, forgot to say, that I not updated to beta version.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

This message show me after login window...
So, after reinstall I have the same situation...

Oh, forgot to say, that I not updated to beta version.
If you login to your account on the YYG website, is your licence showing as permanent and active?

If so, after uninstalling GMS2 make sure you delete any leftover files/folders that may be holding cached / corrupted login and/or licence information.

Details of the folders to delete can be found here: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...perform-a-fresh-install-of-GameMaker-Studio-2

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I've moved this into it's wn topic as you shouldn't really bump old posts unless you were the topic starter. If the suggestion made by @rIKmAN doesn't work, then you will have to contact YoYo Games support and get them to sort it out. There were changes made to the licencing some months ago, and it may be that there has been an error in how your account was handled. You can contact the helpdesk from your YoYo Account dashboard.

S_Kleer

If you login to your account on the YYG website, is your licence showing as permanent and active?
Yes. I bought it on steam, but after I link my steam account with YYG account, I always used non-steam "edition" and never had this problem.

If so, after uninstalling GMS2 make sure you delete any leftover files/folders that may be holding cached / corrupted login and/or licence information.
Details of the folders to delete can be found here: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...perform-a-fresh-install-of-GameMaker-Studio-2
I tried this, but nothing happened. :(

Attachments