GameMaker Storing audio files into a folder?

Goldoche

Is there a way to store streamed sound files into a folder?

I found a workaround by using "audio_create_stream()" and putting your sound files into "included files". However, this workaround prevents you from using the "audio_sound_gain()" function unless you set the time parameter to 0. This makes this workaround unusable in my case.

Are there any other solutions possible?

The reason I want streamed sound files is to take a lesser amount of RAM. 150MiB to 50MiB in my case. But then when you build your game all the .ogg files are directly in the root folder of your game, which is messy.

rIKmAN

Is there a way to store streamed sound files into a folder?

I found a workaround by using "audio_create_stream()" and putting your sound files into "included files". However, this workaround prevents you from using the "audio_sound_gain()" function unless you set the time parameter to 0. This makes this workaround unusable in my case.

Are there any other solutions possible?

The reason I want streamed sound files is to take a lesser amount of RAM. 150MiB to 50MiB in my case. But then when you build your game all the .ogg files are directly in the root folder of your game, which is messy.
@YellowAfterlife has a tool that does exactly this.
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/gamemaker-reroute-audio

rIKmAN

This tool would solve my problem if I were releasing on windows only, however I'm not. It doesn't support other platforms.
Ah OK fair enough, multiple platforms weren't mentioned in OP so I thought I'd suggest it as it's the only solution I'm aware of.

I also hate the way everything gets dumped in the root folder.

Goldoche

Ah OK fair enough, multiple platforms weren't mentioned in OP so I thought I'd suggest it as it's the only solution I'm aware of.

I also hate the way everything gets dumped in the root folder.
Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.