• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Export Causes Black Browser Screen on iOS

B

Big50000

I've trying to export my project to plenty of platforms using HTML5 module. Many of platforms work just fine (Android Chrome, Linux Chrome/Firefox, Windows Chrome), but on iOS is a different story, after a loading the screen suddenly turns black and I don't know why.

(I've uploaded my game to the website, please leave a reply if you want to help me test it on your own iOS device, mine does not work)

I've tried following this guide: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753998-iOS-Resource-Limits-For-HTML5-Games, but it still not work. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You should be more specific with the device's model and year. I have an iPhone 6 that can test the load, if that helps.

It also wouldn't hurt to try the blank-room test to determine if it's the runner or just your specific project. Though if it turns out to be the runner, you probably won't get a fix for that because GMS 1.4 is way past sunset.

rIKmAN

Try using the Safari developer tools to see what errors are being reported.

If you want to debug it remotely from a Windows 10 machine via Chrome then try following this guide to set it up.

B

Big50000

Try using the Safari developer tools to see what errors are being reported.

If you want to debug it remotely from a Windows 10 machine via Chrome then try following this guide to set it up.
It says "DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: http://arangame.rf.gd/html5game/deflate.min.js.map" and I don't know what did it mean, but it seems like deflate.min.js.map does not found on my server already. In export, it does not include "defalte.min.js.map" in the package.

Attachments

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If you have a large project and this is the first time you've exported to HTML, it'll be tricky.
If the debugger (I use chrome normally) doesn't show where the error is, then the easiest way is to start commenting code out, and narrow down where the issue is.... it'll start working at some point, then start putting code back in.

B

Big50000

If you have a large project and this is the first time you've exported to HTML, it'll be tricky.
If the debugger (I use chrome normally) doesn't show where the error is, then the easiest way is to start commenting code out, and narrow down where the issue is.... it'll start working at some point, then start putting code back in.
On the first room in my project, it does not have any advanced scripts in it (only room_goto scripts and normal variable set fuctions), but I will try building another project for testing already since I did not make anything special for now.

I will report if there is something new as soon as possible.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
The way JavaScript works, it doesn't matter what it runs, it loads and compiles the entire project in one go. This means code you never even use, could be breaking it....

iOS HTML5 certainly works, I've used it recently for my GML MOD player, so it'll be something in the code. If/when you find it, and if it is a bug, then let YoYo know....

B

Big50000

I've tried making an empty project (only 1 40x40 background and a room), but it stills no luck.

On other platforms work just fine (Android Chrome, Windows Chrome)

Tested on iPhone 5S (iOS 9.0.2), iPhone 6S,6S Plus (iOS 9.0.2 via BrowserStack) and iPhone 8 (iOS 12)

Attachments

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Ahhhh.. you're on 1.4. It's WAY behind of 2.x..... waaaay behind. And issues also will never be fixed as it's been retired. Also, there's a lot of deprecated things in 1.4 that will also never be fixed. Apple may well have changed (in fact I know they have for lots of thing), that will simply break the 1.4 export. Apple keep changing the HTML Safari browser, and breaking things. Last thing they broke when I was there was audio. There may now be more.

sorry... can't help anymore. It will work for some stuff, but 2.x is miles ahead. Just before I left, we spent months on getting it up to spec.

funkygallo

ok I use this thread too.
I have a similar problem

ide: 2.2.3.436
rt: 2.2.3.344

This is my error. Please note that with all exporter (mac/win) and using yyc all works fine

totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5332 Uncaught TypeError: _Zk3.substring is not a function
at _Tm1 (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5332)
at _SF (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:3410)
at __A2._Fn [as _L6] (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:2346)
at __A2._d_ (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5469)
at _MT2._d_ (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5346)
at _LT2 (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5816)
at _HK3 (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5818)
at _nK3 (totre.js?LKNZB=1011149941:5808)

Any idea?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Run it in debug mode, it doesn't obfuscate "your" code, so you should be able to pin it down more easily.....

funkygallo

Run it in debug mode, it doesn't obfuscate "your" code, so you should be able to pin it down more easily.....
Oh what a fool I am. I had not thought that in debug mode the code was not obfuscate.
By the way @Mike, now that you are no more into yoyogames staff, please do an C=64 or ZX Spectrum exporter ;)

B

Big50000

Finally, I found the problem! It causes by server service itself, the browser on iOS can't figure out the web structure of InfinityFree services, but python micro web server on my local network works just fine.