If app is removed is it policy strike

RizbIT

If your app is removed due to alledged policy violation, does that count as a policy strike?

Or is it removed in order to allow you to upload policy compliant one?

Does it work on the 3 strikes and your out basis?

From Research on support sites:
Removals
  • Don't impact the standing of your Google Play Developer account.
  • Once your app is removed, the published version of your app won't be available on Google Play until a compliant updated is submitted.
  • Your users, statistics, and ratings will be retained once you submit a compliant update for a removed app.
Suspensions
  • Count as strikes against the good standing of your Google Play Developer account.
  • Egregious or multiple policy violations can result in suspension, as can repeated app rejections or removals.
But under suspensions it says :

....can result in suspension, as can repeated app rejections or removals.

chamaeleon

Just work under the assumption that Google will do whatever they want for any reason without needing to explain it to you, and you'll be fine. Or Apple for that matter, I don't want to single Google out.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If your app is removed due to alledged policy violation, does that count as a policy strike?
It'll count as a policy strike until you can clear your name. At Google Play's discretion, of course.

Or is it removed in order to allow you to upload policy compliant one?
It'll depend on whether Google Play considers your original violation to be in bad faith. If your violation is not caused by bad faith (e.g. due to future policy changes like what happened with GDPR or the libpng security bulletin), then you can expect it to be cleared once you re-upload.

Does it work on the 3 strikes and your out basis?
If Google Play doesn't say it's a 3-strike rule, then you're just speculating. But yes, there will come a time where if you demonstrate sufficient evidence of bad faith or inadequate effort, they'll kick you out. If you value your business, I would not advise putting a hard number on it or testing their limits.

At this point I'll just ask you to follow TsukaYuriko's advice about getting actual legal counsel, and just use some common sense and act in good faith.

You have almost a dozen topics like this asking about clear-cut legal instructions from Google Play. Stop it already. Get acquainted with a local lawyer in general business law or a mentor with publishing experience, and seek their advice when the time comes for you to start a major project.

My impression is that you're not simply struggling with the legal text, but trying to act in bad faith and find loopholes in the system that you don't have the guts to exploit yourself. Either way, I'd pity anyone who's in a client-contractor relationship with you.

Last edited:

RizbIT

As with most posts ive made, ive read the support pages on Google and either they have not been clear to me or i wanted advice from other developers (as this is a developers forum and its posted in the PUBLISHING section) so its 100% relevant.

As for getting legal counsel, yes as a last resort one can consider that but legal advice isnt free far from it.

Ive asked other stuff on these forums that arent legal issues as such and even then get negative feedback from mods, whats the purpose of the forum and freedon of speech then.

mentor with publishing experience
Well wouldnt this forum be a good place to find one

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
As with most posts ive made, ive read the support pages on Google and either they have not been clear to me or i wanted advice from other developers (as this is a developers forum and its posted in the PUBLISHING section) so its 100% relevant.

As for getting legal counsel, yes as a last resort one can consider that but legal advice isnt free far from it.

Ive asked other stuff on these forums that arent legal issues as such and even then get negative feedback from mods, whats the purpose of the forum and freedon of speech then.
Except you aren't even exercising any evidence of thought or deduction based on common facts, to the point it looks almost like bad faith. That reflects badly on you, be it on the GMC or Google Play. This is why you are getting negative vibes from virtually everyone around here, even moderators. Freedom of speech goes both ways: If it's your right to ask questions without thinking them through, it's our right too to call you out on a lack of effort.

Using common sense is part of being a developer, and a morally imperative part of hanging out a shingle. I explicitly hold you to a much higher standard than most other members explicitly because you advertise "IT & Marketing Services" on your avatar. TsukaYuriko said what she said likely also because of the same reason. She wouldn't want to be in a position where the GMC is on the hook (legally or morally) because of a business decision made based on hearsay on the GMC.
Well wouldnt this forum be a good place to find one
It is, but you have to show effort. Nobody wants to mentor someone who'll just make a gopher out of them. And that's the impression you're giving every time you make a topic like this.

Here's what I recommend that you do:
  • Subscribe to newsletters that pertain to tech industry trends and events, and study those that pertain to your practice.
  • Memorize key recent events in your field of practice.
  • Go to local or online seminars on business law, accountancy and app/intellectual property publishing.
  • Join an industry group or club.
Show that you can give a damn and throw a proper punch, then you can start thinking about getting a mentor.