The 20% off Summer Sale for GameMaker 2

T

Tom Nally

Hi, friends!

I'm certain that I have a license to one of the earlier versions of GameMaker, because I see my license key in my secret file. Nonetheless, I'm considering availing myself of the 20% off Summer sale. When I look at the terms, however, I see that it says "12-month licence". (Is that a British spelling of "license"?)

My question is this: what happens after 12 months? Thanks! ---Tom Nally
GameMaker_license.PNG

You have at least three options.

a) Do nothing - after 12 months, your license will change back to a Trial license.
b) renew your Creators license - get another 12 months of the same license
c) upgrade your Creators license - You can pay at a discounted price to upgrade your creators license to a Developers license, you then have a permanent license to publish on Mac/Windows/Linux with no splash screen restriction.

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002637011-Which-Licence-Is-Right-For-me-

The Creator licence is a 12-month non-renewing licence, and at the end of the 12-month period you will need to buy another licence to continue using GMS2 fully. Or, before your initial 12-month licence elapses, take advantage of the 30% discount on the Desktop licence if you want to be able to make and sell games on Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu stores.
Edit: Or you could just pay upfront for the Developers license, in which case last time I checked, you save about $10 compared with buying the Creators license and upgrading to the Developer license later.

Edit2 : Just checked, so if you buy creators license now, which is at a discount, then upgrade to Developers after 12 months, (if prices stay the same) , you end up paying a total of around $100, which is just $1 more expensive than the Developer license. So good opportunity there whichever way you go. Of course the most savings would be if you buy the developers license now during the sale, just depends on what your budget allows.

Last edited:
T

Tom Nally

You have at least three options.

a) Do nothing - after 12 months, your license will change back to a Trial license.
b) renew your Creators license - get another 12 months of the same license
c) upgrade your Creators license - You can pay at a discounted price to upgrade your creators license to a Developers license, you then have a permanent license to publish on Mac/Windows/Linux with no splash screen restriction.

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002637011-Which-Licence-Is-Right-For-me-

Edit: Or you could just pay upfront for the Developers license, in which case last time I checked, you save about $10 compared with buying the Creators license and upgrading to the Developer license later.

Edit2 : Just checked, so if you buy creators license now, which is at a discount, then upgrade to Developers after 12 months, (if prices stay the same) , you end up paying a total of around $100, which is just $1 more expensive than the Developer license. So good opportunity there whichever way you go. Of course the most savings would be if you buy the developers license now during the sale, just depends on what your budget allows.

Thanks, Bones. Very helpful.
You're welcome.

I just remembered to say, in case its not clear...the 12-month Creators license you are looking at can only publish to ONE platform - you get to choose either Mac or PC at the time of purchase, and thats all you get for the duration of your license...so...choose wisely... :)