• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 asset uploader broken. Asset became corrupted. Getting crap-reviews.

• Thread starter Sam (Deleted User)
  • Start date
S

Sam (Deleted User)

1) GMS2 uploader is broken. I can't upload anything without an error interrupting it. Going on 3 days now. Both the brower and IDE uploaders are not letting me upload.
2) Reported it on YoYo helpdesk, 2 days ago.
3) My asset won't import anymore after downloading, even though I haven't updated it since the time importing was working
4) I get an error that says my asset package is corrupt now, which is why it won't import
5) People are giving me 1-star ratings for something that is YoYo's fault.

I am fed up with YoYo taking weeks-to-months-to-even-years to address support tickets. It better not happen with this particular one.

My asset is effectively getting killed off because of their terrible support. Worst software support. Worse than any other company or even indie software devs I've dealt with. Open source devs who aren't paid squat (not even in donations) do better than YoYo at fixing bugs and providing first-class support.

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6621/dialog-module?tab=reviews_pane

Oh and it's been more than a full year (estimation) since the time i reported the 1.4 asset uploader doesn't work. Still broken to this day.

Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lonewolff

I have been pushing out quite a few updates lately but haven't have any issues. Although I must admit it does always say 'upload failed' on the MP page. But I narrowed that down to the 1.4 version of the asset (which I don't have), so it was auto reporting it as failed, but the 2.x version was actually ok.

I must admit, I gave up on updating my 1.4 assets about a year ago too. As it just doesn't work.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I have been pushing out quite a few updates lately but haven't have any issues. Although I must admit it does always say 'upload failed' on the MP page. But I narrowed that down to the 1.4 version of the asset (which I don't have), so it was auto reporting it as failed, but the 2.x version was actually ok.

I must admit, I gave up on updating my 1.4 assets about a year ago too. As it just doesn't work.
Yeah, only now I can't upload 1.4 or 2.x assets. I can't upload anything whatsoever.

rIKmAN

1)My asset is effectively getting killed off because of their terrible support.
Obviously it shouldn’t take that long to respond and fix an issue, but to say your asset is being “killed off” is overly dramatic to say the least.

It has 7 reviews in total, with the most recent one being 1 star because it won’t import, and you getting a bit ranty in your reply to it.

I was expecting a page full 1 star reviews based on your post, and as you’ve said yourself - the asset is available in multiple other places for download.

The customer generally doesn’t care about the back story of how bad YYG are or how mad your are at them, they just want the files and so I think you would have been better served politely asking the customer to please download from itch.io as an alternative while you work on getting the MP issues looked at, and thanking them for reporting the issue with the MP.

Instead you start ranting and then even having a bit of a sly dig at them about not reading the asset description before making the review.

Even as frustrated as you are - stay classy on the customer facing side.

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Obviously it shouldn’t take that long to respond and fix an issue, but to say your asset is being “killed off” is overly dramatic to say the least.

It has 7 reviews in total, with the most recent one being 1 star because it won’t import, and you getting a bit ranty in your reply to it.

I was expecting a page full 1 star reviews based on your post, and as you’ve said yourself - the asset is available in multiple other places for download.

The customer generally doesn’t care about the back story of how bad YYG are or how mad your are at them, they just want the files and so I think you would have been better served politely asking the customer to please download from itch.io as an alternative while you work on getting the MP issues looked at, and thanking them for reporting the issue with the MP.

Instead you start ranting and then even having a bit of a sly dig at them about not reading the asset description before making the review.

Even as frustrated as you are - stay classy on the customer facing side.
All I did in my response was explain that I investigated the issue and was able to verify they are correct, and I'm looking to get it fixed, and it is a problem on YoYo's end not mine, to give them understanding for what is going on and why it might take time to fix. "sly dig" - I'm not even going to ask. I let them know if they read the description they would know they could download elsewhere before they rated. There's nothing wrong with that.

I think the frustration showed in this topic blurred your vision of how my response to that review comes across on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
As for the IDE bug going on here, other users had also reported it and we have it added to the bug database as https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31146

Your first ticket was submitted shortly after the end of the business day on Friday and we don't work weekends, but we are investigating the ticket on the first business day after you submitted it. I can't comment on if you have lost your original MP certificate, as you suggest might be the case in your ticket, but we are deploying a fix for Marketplace upload issues of larger GMS2 assets via web browsers very soon and the Marketplace team have now removed the review in question, as per your second ticket. You should get an "official" response on your tickets shortly.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

It's a bit humbling when I see YoYo staff respond well to a topic like this. Sorry for bitching and yeah I understand you guys have a lot on your plate so it's unfair for me to make dumb comparisons like that. Thank you for your understanding response.

rIKmAN

I think the frustration showed in this topic blurred your vision of how my response to that review comes across on its own.
No it didn't, but the review has been removed now so it doesn't really matter and you are of course free to respond however you want to your own customers.

It was just some advice that you can take or leave, but telling them "not to hold their breath" in regards to YYG fixing it just sounds unprofessional and a bit bitter, which might be valid but shouldn't really be projected onto your customer IMO.

Also it's not like you have a history of overreacting only to apologise for overreacting soon after or anything. ;)

Stay classy Samuel, you're better than that (or don't - completely up to you of course!)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

No it didn't, but the review has been removed now so it doesn't really matter and you are of course free to respond however you want to your own customers.

It was just some advice that you can take or leave, but telling them "not to hold their breath" in regards to YYG fixing it just sounds unprofessional and a bit bitter, which might be valid but shouldn't really be projected onto your customer IMO.

Also it's not like you have a history of overreacting only to apologise for overreacting soon after or anything. ;)

Stay classy Samuel, you're better than that (or don't - completely up to you of course!)
Actually, I said "don't hold your breath" because that is an expression I've seen used a lot on the GMC. I never really thought of it as a bitter phrase. It just seems to imply "it might take a while", which at the time of writing that, it felt accurate. Again, my frustration wasn't at the user, it was at YoYo, but I was trying to be very careful about what i said in that reply to their review. Even then, I can't avoid being misinterpreted. Some things will happen regardless of one's social skill levels. You and I know I lack the ability to relate to others, so what may seem acceptable to me for me to say, other people won't necessarily see it that way. I'm learning, it's a slow process, but I appreciate the sentiment now that I once again realize you don't mean me any harm. lol

This topic i was being extremely blunt and exaggerated with the hope it would get quicker attention from the staff. but in reality, no one wants to hear pissing and moaning, and YoYo is no exception to that rule. I'm lucky they put up with me, especially Nocturne in regards to other stuff I've done over the years.