"The C64"

L

Lonewolff

I'm actually quite excited about the upcoming release in December of "The C64".

It is the closest ever to the original beast, being full size, with keyboard displaying all of the special characters like the days of old, 8 way micro switch joystick and so on. Still sadly, no cartridge port.

Sure it's probably going to be based on a Raspberry Pi, and is definitely emulated. But it is all in one like the original. Just plug it in and go.

Will be awesome to play International Karate with a proper stick again. Just not the same playing it with an XBox gamepad.

I wonder if it will inspire a resurgence of new releases? (Might have to brush up on my 6510 assembly).

I'm definitely going to get one anyway.

I see Boulderdash, but does it have Lode Runner? I played the heck out of those two back in the day. Regardless, I just don't have the space to keep extra consoles around anymore, neither do I have the money to spare. This looks way better than the C64 Mini, though. That was... a mess, to say the least. Hope this has little to no input lag.

L

Lonewolff

Yeah, I am hoping the lag thing will be extinguished also. I have read that the hardware will be faster, so I certainly hope so.

You can still add additional games via USB stick from my understanding, so it can have Lode Runner if you add it yourself.

Boulderdash was one of my favourites too. So many cool games in that era.

Roa

Yeah, I am hoping the lag thing will be extinguished also. I have read that the hardware will be faster, so I certainly hope so.

You can still add additional games via USB stick from my understanding, so it can have Lode Runner if you add it yourself.

Boulderdash was one of my favourites too. So many cool games in that era.
lode runner used to terrify me as a child lol. I was always think, I must be in hell and these demons are really smart.

I actually had a very weird copy of that game. Not sure what system it was for, but it looked like the spectrum versions, but levels could be larger, there was a 💩💩💩💩ty editor, and it seemed way harder than another version I had so I'm not even sure it was official.

Last edited:
L

Lonewolff

I'm looking forward to getting back in to some 6510 assembly again. Still got a head full of C64 memory addresses and what they do, plus the internet this time round.

All of my assembly language coding came from years and years of issues of 'Your Commodore' magazine. It was amazing what info you could glean from such a limited resource compared with today's standards.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
@chance reminds me of back when I made text based games on a calculator. The worst part was that the "labels" you were gotoing could only be two letters long. XD