"Game over" not working when losing all lives

S

SnowsB

I'm new at programming, so I'm really dumb at it, sorry!
But the thing is, i'm making my first game, and I cant add the "game over" when the players lose all the three lives. It automatically ends when losing the first live. This started happening when I put "if lives", so probably i'm missing something there. What should I do? Please, no coding haha
lives.PNG

Rob

I'm new at programming, so I'm really dumb at it, sorry!
But the thing is, i'm making my first game, and I cant add the "game over" when the players lose all the three lives. It automatically ends when losing the first live. This started happening when I put "if lives", so probably i'm missing something there. What should I do? Please, no coding haha
View attachment 25535
I didn't read your problem correctly, sorry - I thought it would be an issue due to the "empty" message next to the value of "If Lives"

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You put the Exit Game action into the else branch of If Lives, so now it is "if lives is not 0 then exit game". Change it to the other one.

N

N0ba

I haven't used DND since when I first started with GameMaker, but can that "If Lives" block be set to "Equals or less than"? Try that. It may be going lower than 0 before it can be read.