• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Network question

Jihl

Hey there all!

I am getting a console message saying this:
Code:
Client(1) Connected: 200.83.1.xxx.xxx
ERROR: login failed
And I quite don't understand the error since I've read and used the network system as best as I can and I have not found any information about this anywhere.
Do anyone know what actually means this mesage? Does it have to do with the socket?

Thanks!

curato

can you ping the IP from the client station? can you check the return value on the network_connect you are using? Is it returning a negative number?

Jihl

can you ping the IP from the client station? can you check the return value on the network_connect you are using? Is it returning a negative number?
I do ping the ip from the client to see if it has lost connection to the server or not. That's actually the system that tries to reconnect if the ping hasn't been answered for some time.

I am using the network_config_use_non_blocking_socket to 1 so it doesn't block the connection, since it fails it should give a negative number but I'm not using that variable at all.

Thanks for your response! I am testing right now, I hope I can get to an answer.

Jihl

After doing some testing this is what I've got

It seems that it gives a login error if I'm doing an action (for example running) with my player.
That makes me think that, if I am trying to send buffers with no socket at all it may interfere with the connection process.
Whenever I stop it reconnects without problems so this, I think, should be the issue.