Particles [SOLVED]

D

Dioramos

I make space game, but i dont know how to make cool space background. I think there should be particles, but i dont know how to do it without marketplace programs. If someone knows any codes for this, help please.

Phil Strahl

Oof, my room's size is too small for stars (320x192).
You can tweak the number of stars in the script section that starts with "SETUP -------------------", e.g. change the values of stars_small to 100 and set stars_big to 1 or even 0 if you don't want those big splotches to distract your players.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
For this you'd use GIMP (the free alternative to Photoshop, not the tasteless evening attire).

First of all, slap a blue-black gradient on a blank image. Diagonal ones look cooler, but doesn't scroll as well.
upload_2019-6-17_20-59-48.png

Secondly, add a second layer and splash down some white dots in it using any brush.
upload_2019-6-17_21-2-22.png

Thirdly, gradient-fill the splashes with color using the gradient tool and some gradient with nice colors:
upload_2019-6-17_21-4-37.png

Fourthly, duplicate the layer. Make both copies "additive" blend mode. For the bottom layer, use Gaussian Blur to blur it out. For the top layer, use the Neon tool (under Edge Detection). Fiddle around a bit with transparencies.
upload_2019-6-17_21-7-9.png

Finally, add some slightly transparent white and black lines using the Bristles brush to add space wind:
upload_2019-6-17_21-9-27.png

D

Dioramos

You can tweak the number of stars in the script section that starts with "SETUP -------------------", e.g. change the values of stars_small to 100 and set stars_big to 1 or even 0 if you don't want those big splotches to distract your players.
Thank you, tomorrow i just will scale my room to 1920x1080. Your script is very cool.

D

Dioramos

For this you'd use GIMP (the free alternative to Photoshop, not the tasteless evening attire).

First of all, slap a blue-black gradient on a blank image. Diagonal ones look cooler, but doesn't scroll as well.
View attachment 25286

Secondly, add a second layer and splash down some white dots in it using any brush.
View attachment 25287

Thirdly, gradient-fill the splashes with color using the gradient tool and some gradient with nice colors:
View attachment 25288

Fourthly, duplicate the layer. Make both copies "additive" blend mode. For the bottom layer, use Gaussian Blur to blur it out. For the top layer, use the Neon tool (under Edge Detection). Fiddle around a bit with transparencies.
View attachment 25289

Finally, add some slightly transparent white and black lines using the Bristles brush to add space wind:
View attachment 25290
Thank you, i will try this too.