Job Offer - Programmer [SOLVED] $3 USD Custom Extension Offer

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Please no more requests in this topic, check out my original thread at full price now that I got the initial offer ready to go.

-----------

I don't have a job right now, and I'm fresh out of freelance earnings.

As a late Father's Day present, I wanted to treat him to a < $3 drink from Wawa down the street.

That said, it will be extra special to him if he knew I worked a lot to get to do something so little for him.

I'm offering to make a Desktop Extension for Windows, Mac, Linux, or a combination of the three, depending on whether it can be cross-platform. I may or may not be willing to make the request depending on how much experience I have with what you need. Networking is a huge no-no.

Anyway, I'll do it with heavy quality control, and we can set a deadline you find reasonable, and all I want to be paid is 3 stinkin' US dollars. :D

Thanks!
Samuel

Last edited by a moderator:

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I suggest you change the last word in the title to "offer" instead of "request", because currently it looks like you need an extension, instead of offering to make one.

You could call it "$3 Custom Extension Offer" or something like that.

Edit: The tag/flair is wrong too, it's not a job offer

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thanks guys, yeah, I kinda want to work for it, otherwise it just feels kinda odd lel

"Happy Father's Day dad, here's a drink someone else bought for you" xD

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
If you could make an extension that allows game maker to write and read files outside of the working directory, you got your self 3$

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you could make an extension that allows game maker to write and read files outside of the working directory, you got your self 3$
The 2.2.3 beta made that unnecessary with an option to turn off the sandbox, at least for desktop platforms. Any other ideas?

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Can you make me an extension that can allow me to do this:

1) Game executable closes
2) 10 seconds later, another executable opens, which is in the game's directory

That 10 seconds is not set, it might as well be 10 minutes.

Can be used in those creepy "exe" games.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Are you actually going to use this? :p this is as simple as making an invisible app that calls create process on two exe's relative to settings written to a config file. This wouldn't be an extension, because it's not a dll. I guess you could call it a tool? In any case, I'll do it. But I kinda wanted to make something someone would actually need for a serious project. Could also be done with VBScript, JScript, or similar.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I'll do it. But I kinda wanted to make something someone would actually need for a serious project.
Well, I've been wanting something like that for a couple years. I may or may not use it but I sure do want it! Haha.

But I'm okay if you want to wait for someone more serious to show up. You do it when you decide you wanna.

this is as simple as making an invisible app that calls create process on two exe's relative to settings written to a config file
See, I don't get that. What's simple for you might not be simple for others. ;)

So if you're willing to do it, drop me a message, I'll let you know how I want it to work.

Mert

There's a chance that anti-virus applications can mark this behaviour "suspicious"

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
MakeMillionDollarGame() Extension is highly needed. I'd buy that for $3
Easy, just use the HelpMeMakeMillionDollarGame.h library

There's a chance that anti-virus applications can mark this behaviour "suspicious"
Game installation instructions:

1) Disable antivirus
2) Install game
3) Get spooked
4) Enable antivirus, delete game and block matharoo

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@matharoo ok, sounds legit. Pop me a message with everything I need to know. :)

@Morne @Ali Al - Mosawi since matharoo was first to take the 1-off $3 offer, I will be charging the usual, for everyone else, which will be more but I'll be reasonable.

@Morne Ali Al Mosawi's request is a bit easier, would you be ok with me doing his request after matharoo's? Your request seems a bit complicated so I don't know if it's something I'll have the time to do, but the other two requests are super easy for me to achieve.

I need extension to send surface to external printer for windows can you do it and what the cost , thank you
I'll see what Morne says, and hopefully after matharoo's request is done I can get to yours right away. :)

Please no more requests in this topic, check out my original thread at full price now that I got the initial offer ready to go.

M

Morne

It is ok, rather help others. I do not see anyone making blockchain game integration with GMS nor GM2...so if you figure it out let me know and I will purchase your asset from the marketplace.

Otherwise when you are done with other requests and you are sure you can do it, give me a shout out.