Android Want All Apps to be 64-Bit...

NinjaGMC

Hi, just got a warning saying that all published apps must have a 64-Bit versions...I'm still using GMS 1.4, so I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the apps to 64-Bit or do I have to upgrade to GMS2 in order to publish them in 64-Bit. Thanks.

EDIT: Also wondering if you can do so in Android Studio....if so, I will look into it ;-)

L

Lonewolff

For real?? Maan that's some problem there
Why's that?

GMS 1.4 was discontinued two years ago, with a one year notification prior to that.

People have had three years warning that this day might come. And even then it was Google's decision to push 64 bit only.

N

Noizee

I mean for me that didn't even know anything about it and was thinking on coding mobile :D

N

Noizee

If you were only thinking about it then it isn't a problem, buy the GMS2 Mobile licence - it works out cheaper than the 1.4 licence did.
I don't even own 2.0 :/
Does this means licenses for 1.4 are also obsolete??

L

Lonewolff

For mobile development, definitely.

For Windows, there is still quite a bit of life left in it yet.

The problem with mobile dev, is that it changes so fast. It is one of those things you have to constantly keep up with. I personally stay away from mobile dev.

rIKmAN

You don't need to own 2.x before you can buy licences for each target like you did with 1.4, you can just buy the mobile licence on it's own and you'll be good to go.

The IDE is the same no matter what licence you buy, the licence just allows exporting to that particular target.

NinjaGMC

It's none of YoYo's business nor the GMC's. If you have issues with Adobe Air struggling to keep up with the 64-bit requirement, take it to Adobe, not us.
Damn, no need to sound so harsh...! But thanks for the info, I guess I will have to shell out another $300 Bucks by Aug in order to keep my games on the App Market.

NinjaGMC

You don't need to own 2.x before you can buy licences for each target like you did with 1.4, you can just buy the mobile licence on it's own and you'll be good to go.

The IDE is the same no matter what licence you buy, the licence just allows exporting to that particular target.
So you can just buy the Mobile Export License (the newer version) and use GMS1.4 to convert to 64bit apk?

rIKmAN

So you can just buy the Mobile Export License (the newer version) and use GMS1.4 to convert to 64bit apk?
No, you can just buy the GMS2 Mobile Licence and then use GMS2 to export 64bit APKs.

What I meant was that with 1.4 you had to buy GMS 1.4 before you could buy any other export modules like Android, iOS, HTML5 etc. With GMS2 you can just buy Mobile and do not need to buy anything else to allow you to use GMS2 and export your game.

Mert

As I always say, you can buy it on Steam with localised prices.
I've purchased Web + Mobile + Pc for about 100 USD (It was on a big discount at the time) and I had been saving some money for that.