GameMaker Use on Laptop apart from Desktop

XanthorXIII

From the new terms, I noticed the line of use on a single computer. Does this mean I should not have an issue if I decide to install say on a laptop that I use while traveling? I'd like to get this clarified. I've not had any issue in the past doing so.

rIKmAN

From the new terms, I noticed the line of use on a single computer. Does this mean I should not have an issue if I decide to install say on a laptop that I use while traveling? I'd like to get this clarified. I've not had any issue in the past doing so.
It used to be that you could install on upto 3 machines that you own but only you could use GMS2 as you were the licence holder, but it has changed with the new EULA update to say:
(i) install GameMaker for your personal use on a single device in order to develop and publish Publisher Property (e.g. assets and games);
It is under the "GameMaker Subscriptions" section, so it's a little unclear whether it applies to the actual time limited "subscriptions" (12mth Creators, Consoles etc) or whether it encompasses all licences including the permanent ones.

I agree some clarification would be good @Nocturne @rmanthorp

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I installed Game Maker on a FlashDrive so I could plug it into any computer, does this mess with what I can put GMS on?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
All this means is that you can only be actively logged in and using GMS2 on one machine at a time, but you can install it and use it on as many machines as you wish. If you try to use it on two or more machines AT THE SAME TIME then you won't be able to. Note too that you can control the machines you're logged in on from the session manager on your YoYo Accounts page.