• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Are potato chips actually healthy foods?

L

Lonewolff

Average age of cancer is 70, but it can happen much sooner. Cancer will continue to increase as people continue to live artificial lifestyles. Breathing in campfire causes cancer more than even cigs. Fire is invented by humans, no other animal sits and breathes in the fumes.

Cancer rates are increasing. You can deduce this from reading cancer.gov.

The projected amount of cancer survivors will increase from 15, to 20 million in a few years.
Ok, so lets assume these are facts.

Year 1900
Life expectancy: 47
World population: 1.6 Billion

Year 1950
Life expectancy: 65
World population: 2.5 Billion

Year 2000
Life expectancy: 78
World population: 6.1 Billion

Going by these statistics, cancer rates have to increase. And if 70 is the magical age to start getting cancer, well humans weren't expected to live that long not so long ago.

Fire is invented by humans, no other animal sits and breathes in the fumes.
Couldn't find that patent on volcano's and natural bush fires. Might be still up for grabs. Dead wildlife might argue with the latter part of your statement.

Toque

Fire preceded humans.

Smoking is bad. Small amount of studies about that.

People aren’t exposed to campfires that much anymore in most countries. Some countries it’s probably still a concern.

Pollution will kill more.

I remember coal stoves. I’m old.

Poor lifestyles is not going to help life expectancy.

If hotdogs are carcinogenic. 40 years of intake. I’m doomed.

L

Lonewolff

If hotdogs are carcinogenic. 40 years of intake. I’m doomed.
Meat only causes cancer if you are over 80, going by Misty's wisdom. :p

The eating of potatoes in the early 1900's cured peoples ability to reach an age beyond 40 though. So it was a win-win back then.

Toque

Meat only causes cancer if you are over 80, going by Misty's wisdom. :p

The eating of potatoes in the early 1900's cured peoples ability to reach an age beyond 40 though. So it was a win-win back then.
Death by hotdog. Worse ways to go.

Potatoes are a decent food. They lack some essential vitamins and calcium. We fry them and add a lot of crap to them. Can’t blame the potato for that.
More carbohydrates and little fiber. Eating the skin would help a little.

Potato chips are a treat not a healthy food.

I swear every single time I tell myself "Hey, maybe the off-topic forum isn't so bad. Let me give it another shot!" I lose more brain cells.

Maybe I should eat some Lay's® Potato Chips to make myself feel better...

L

Lonewolff

Literally crying right now. This thread couldn't get any funnier, could it?

Rob

Alls I know is, some days I feel sick and like I'm dying. Then I eat potato chips and feel good as new and ready to start my day fresh.
I, too suffer from sickness and death in the mornings. Eating makes me feel better too!

In my country we call it "being hungry".

Sorry, it's 4am and I'm bored

L

Lonewolff

I, too suffer from sickness and death in the mornings. Eating makes me feel better too!
Apparently this is more common than you think.

Nothing like a big bowl of boiled potatoes first thing in the morning to get a spring in your step.

MilkMan5x

'The potatoes...
Bulky, Earthy bulbs full of potatoes and potatoes
When you torture thy yellow bulbs with water, hot and boiling to the point where they sure will scream in utter pain, begging for sweet release of death.
But after countless of times fly by, Their skins shall be extracted and those bare flesh must be smothered with various substances in which thy tongue ultimately desire.
And that's how you cook your potatoes. yum.
Enjoy your life :pickle: