Forum Game Dream Mafia [5-9] *DAY 4*

2Create

Oh, the numbers! Yes! Of course! They are what you get when multiplying my year of birth, the last two digits, with my birth month! Ingenious, isn't it?

L

leonfook29

erm...i have an idea. What if we break the crystal? that way we could wake up, right?

H

Hiznopellagio

Oh! I'm sorry! It's just the way I was raised! Mom and dad said I have small voice despite me being a guy, but it's their fault for naming their son otherwise! Like I said, I'm sorry!

And oh! I remember Larry, my soon-to-be brother-in-law that's going to marry my sister and is going to be my mom and dad's son-in-law, who happens to be a psychiatrist, told me that should we ever get too excited in our dream, our brain would stir from the overwhelming activity, eventually snapping us out of our dream and wakes us up! That's what he told me, anyway!

((just clarifying, @Misu is this kind of role-playing allowed?)

Kepons

Lost The Bet
Hi, my name is Bob. I am blind. Can anybody tell me what this weird thing on my hand is? I can't get it off.

M

Misu

Hizno, that kind of roleplay is allowed. You all still need to figure out who are the murderers.

L

leonfook29

And oh! I remember Larry, my soon-to-be brother-in-law that's going to marry my sister and is going to be my mom and dad's son-in-law, who happens to be a psychiatrist, told me that should we ever get too excited in our dream, our brain would stir from the overwhelming activity, eventually snapping us out of our dream and wakes us up! That's what he told me, anyway!
Really? Although i have different way of waking from dream, but thanks anyway!

Hi, my name is Bob. I am blind. Can anybody tell me what this weird thing on my hand is? I can't get it off.
Hi bob. That's the crystal that keep you from waking up from this scary dream. You can throw it away though. *giggle*

2Create

It won't do much good, though. And I am unsure whether destroying them is possible, or even a good thing. We could die! And don't say this is just a dream... I'm not sure it works that way. We still experience this... I'm afraid that I might get a heart attack when I die in my dream. I don't want that to happen. I really think we should play by the rules.

S

Snail Man

What's this escape method Sid? Remember, we gotta be careful here; I have a hunch that if the dreamer wakes up, we'll all be ghosts forever.

G

GVmG

Our dream, that's pretty clear.

Even though I don't think this is actually a dream. The fact we're supposedly in a dream world doesn't directly imply we're dreaming and/or asleep.

2Create

I think we're all in our own dream, dreaming of each other. I don't think we'll be in trouble if one of us wakes up. I think it works, like, telepathically maybe?

S

Snail Man

See, I don't believe in you. Or myself. We're all figments in the imagination of the dreamer. Nothing but ghosts.

R

roytheshort

Well, I know Freddy Krueger is here somewhere. If anyone wants me to find him just ask.

R

roytheshort

Yes, of course there is. Also it's really hard to snap out of dreams. Especially when they're in other dreams. So scene modifications won't help you.

G

GVmG

We have a choice here: if this is a dream and therefore the things we believe do actually happen, then we can either believe the billboard that said there's a killer, or ignore it so there won't be one.

S

Snail Man

Well I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be doomed to haunt the mind of madman, so I say we try to avoid death, mmkay?

2Create

I'm not sure what to think of that billboard, but I think we should do the math here.
First of all, if the billboard has the power to do this...
*Buck throws the shard away, and it comes back to his hand*
I strongly believe it can bring together a pair of people able and willing to go on a killing spree. As an objective matter of fact, doing this shard thing is more difficult.

And here's my second point. If there are killers out there, we have a chance of stopping them now. Either way, we will find out the truth tomorrow.
If we don't kill anyone and there are no killers, and I hope this will turn out to be the case, no one dies.
If we kill someone today on suspicion of them being a murderer, but no one is trying to kill us, one person dies.
If we don't kill someone and there are murderers on the loose, they will certainly kill one of us. The fewer of us there are, the less we can do. This will possibly result in all of us dying. We will need everyone in order to catch those fiends.
If we kill someone today and there are killers, we will have at least had a chance to take them out. It is all we can do right now, and it's all we can do any day. We get an extra shot at this by being ahead of the killers here, see?

Altogether, I calculate the chance we will win if we act now to be around 35%. If we wait, this will drop to 22%. I cannot ignore such a massive shift in odds. We need to act.

R

roytheshort

Your name, J. Trump, has no bearing on dreams at all. Sounds made up. Of course you want us to kill.

R

roytheshort

Anyway, I suggest people try and change the scene of the dream. Most of what you see in a dream is a gathering of small fragmentations of memories and only very little of it is original formation. Dreams within dreams are more complicated and I have little ways for explanation. Either way, if we know who changes the dream we'll have an idea on their memories and get a hint if they're a killer or not.

I suggest "J. Trump" changes the dream, so we can see his memories.

S

Snail Man

The memories will just be creations of the dreamer; no more useful to us than this entire macabre scenario

R

roytheshort

True, but nobody of town alignment would intentionally create anything dangerous in their dreams. The killers will be unable to avoid it.

M

Misu

Story time!!!

Everyone is all discussing on the case thats going around their minds... or is it that their minds is what is ilustrating in the world... for some reason the scene starts to shift... all objects start to move around...

"Wha...what's going on!?!" questions Sid very frightened.
"It looks like everything around us is changing..." replies Tronald Jump (Mercerenies)

Suddenly, all animals and humans (excluding most of you of course :p) started to fade away and the whole city starts to compress and turn dark...

"I believe the murderer is doing this" mentions Lilly Flower
"Are we gonna die?!" yells Sid as he cries and tries pinching himself hardly, hoping to wake up.
"Calm down child! It seems we are entering another layer of dream." replies Leonardo DiCaprio (RoyTheShort)
"Can't be! I am not doing any of this right now. This is impossible!" says Orel O'neil Orengo (Snail Man)
"We'll just have to see then..." Mentions Yara Blinklehorne (Law)

As everything stopped compressing, their surrounding has went pitch black... nothing can be seen... but wait... everything starts to fade in to color... it seems everyone is inside a bedroom, looks very infant-propped and strange.

"What is this place? Some sort of magical cave?" says Lilly amazed.
"No, dunce! It's a bedroom... and a weird one..." exclaims Orel

Sid quickly jumped by surprise and points at a bed in the bedroom... a yellow person was tucked in the sheets on it.
"Its the MURDERER!!!" Shouts Sid.
"Is it?! ... Or is it just a piece of memory?" mentions Leonardo to Sid
The yellow guy seems to be frightened of seeing strangers in his bedroom but then it gotten more traumatizing... a dancing lamp magically appears in the bedroom and starts singing about dreaming and stuff. Suddenly... oil appears magically on the yellow guy's bed and he begans to sink slowly into it, scared, yelping softly for help...

What is going on?! What's gonna happen?! Who is doing this?!...

(One person have used a modification for the game)

Reactions: Law
L

leonfook29

That person is drowning! Someone gonna help him!
*starring at Leonardo suspiciously*

So this is all the player and their name:
leonfook29 = Sid the kid
GVmG = Lilly Flower
Law = Yara Blinklehorne
2create = Buck Armstrong
Snail Man = Orel O'neil Orengo
RoyTheShort = Leonardo DiCaprio
Hiznopellagio = J(osephine). Trump

Mercerenies = Tronald Jump (at first i though you were joking)
Kepons = Bob (the blind?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercerenies

(The name I was given is Tron Jump. I just went with Tronald Jump because it seemed funny)

Based on Leonardo's insistence that we change the dreamscape, I submit that he was the one to put us in this strange bedroom. Given that we've been placed next to a strange man (murderer?), it is very possible that Leonardo is the bad guy here.

G

GVmG

He does seem suspicious in my opinion, but not so much that I'd consider him the killer.

M

Misu

Well another modification has been used...

... The dream is slowly becoming a nightmare... someone sinking thru the oil on the bed, near death while a lamp continues to sing and dance. Everyone else were scared and didn't know what to do...

"That person is drowning! Someone gonna help him!" shouts Sid as he stares back at Leonardo. However, everyone else just stood there, staring at the guy sinking slowly, almost as if everyone did not knew what to do... but then... a cage magically appeared over Leonardo and locked him up inside it...

"Who's doing this?!" yells Leonardo as he tries shaking the bars loose of the cage.
"I dunno... What is going on?" says Bob (Kepons) all worried. He can barely tell what is going on since he is partially blind. All he can see is blur...

Whats gonna happen next? ... ...

Guys, we are only two days away for the end of Day 1. Have any clue who might be the murderer?...

S

Snail Man

Someone with a sick sense of humor re: Leonardo + Drowning = Titanic

G

GVmG

I haven't seen the movie please don't kill me for that but I don't think cages are involved in that.

S

Snail Man

I just meant what with the drowning. I do think that it's generally an advantage to lynch D1 though; otherwise we're basically giving the mafia a kill

G

GVmG

If I'm reading the rules well, that won't count as a death though.

Rule 1: Everyone can secretly do any kind of modification to the scenario except affecting the gameplay.

That "except affecting the gameplay" probably includes killing players.

We also don't know if that was a townie event or a killer event. We don't even know if it happened because of someone at all.

EDIT: nvm that's literally Misu's first sentence lmao it is a player modification, but we still don't know if it's killers or townies.

M

Misu

Another Story time so soon?... ok then...

... Leonardo ... trapped in a cage... dancing lamp... singing non stop... a yellow guy... sinking into oil and close to its final breath... everyone else stood watching whats going on... right before the yellow guy could ever die... a rope magically appears, hanging down the ceiling over the yellow guy... Buck rushes over to the bed and tries to extend the rope to the yellow guy to save him... but it was already too late... the yellow guy sank entirely into the oil pit... and dies...

"NOOOOO!!!... " yells Buck as he still kept grasp on the rope...
"All these objects magically appearing ... I know we are in some dark magical realm... I know for sure..." says Lilly out of topic.
"But murderer wouldn't summon a rope out... would he?" questions Yara
"Idiots! I was the one who summon the rope! I wanted to save him!..." Shouts Buck... weeping in tears...
"You know that yellow guy... do you?..." asked Leonardo, still in the cage but much calm.
"SO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DID ALL THIS?!" Shouts Tron :)P)

Leonardo suddenly realizes the kind of scenario this was leading to in a dream... the depression... agitation...

"BOY! You must calm down... All this is not real! Don't let this come to you... or you gonna end up altering the dreamscape..." Shouts Leonardo

"We have the power to alternate?!" asked Sid quickly

... but suddenly... the oil on the bed... its started to leak more onto the floor. The lamp was still there, dancing non-stop and singing, repetitively. The whole room is flooding in oil and everyone are trapped in it!!!

Whats gonna happen!?! ... If everyone has the power to modify the dreamscape... then can someone actually get out this jam with that too?...

Someone used their modification for this story...

2Create

I didn't know him... But he was scared! I wanted to save him!
*I climb higher onto the rope, trying to avoid the oil*

Kepons

Lost The Bet
What the? Is that oil creeping up my legs? If you guys can create things out of thin air, then better do so before someone heats this shack up and we become French fries!
*Start touching the walls looking for an exit*

G

GVmG

I have no clue what's going on but HOOOOOOLY HELL HELP

*tries to grab lamp*

S

Snail Man

It's okay; it's,all a dream. We'll wake up before we hit the ground...

L

Law

First change was a reference to Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, I'm gonna bet it was Roy just because I know that he's watched that series.

We can use our ability to control the dream to encode messages to each other. I suggest any cop roles reveal who they copped and what the result is tomorrow morning.

I have no leads so am fine with just letting us go into night. Tomorrow morning we will have more information.

S

Snail Man

But Yara, don't forget that the mafia can use their mods to spam bad information at us

L

Law

It's still worth a shot if the (probably 2?) mafia use their mods, and then the cop uses his, that's three reports. Maybe a 4th report if there's a third party or a 3rd mafia. There will be a lot of noise but it will be better than nothing.

S

Snail Man

Don't forget that mafia have 3 each: we could get up to 7 reports!

L

Law

Oh, wow, crap. Ok.

There might be a way to work around this using encryption somehow, obviously, what one could do is include encryption with their messages, and then when they want to claim their role they reveal which of the messages were theirs and how the encryption worked. I reckon there's a better way to do it though, I'm gonna sleep on it.

M

Misu

Oh oh! Story Time!

... everyone is starting to sink slowly into the oil and there isnt much time left before who-knows-what might happen. It might be the matter of life and death at this point...

"WE'RE GONNA DIE! WE'RE GONNA DIE!..." Cries Sid loudly with intense desperation.
"Boy! You need to snap out of it! We are about to drown in oil!..." yells Leonardo at Buck, who is gradually gaining fear by the higher the oil level raises.

The oil keeps raising non stop and its getting closer and CLOSER to cover up Leonardo's trap cage and as soon it reached his chin, a booming voice is heard...

"ALPHA DOWN!"

What can this sound be?! Where is it coming from?! Who is responsible of this?! ...

That's another modification made today, everyone. Gotta think fast if you want to live.