• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Random Freeze when loading assets

makas

is there a ETA for the fix of this issue? I have been using GMS 2 since beta and this problem on windows 10 was from the start... I remember they told me that it was a windows related problem... but after all this time havent you able to fix this problem? that answer sounds more like "we dont want to change the way we import assets so is windows fault bye" is very persistent and a lot of people have it... you have to do something with the stability of your ID or a lot of people will abandon the engine... yeah I am a little upset about this

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
It IS a windows related issue and YYG have been working with Microsoft these last months to try and resolve the situation, and please understand that the issue is absolutely related to Windows and has been incredibly tricky to pin down. The good news is that a coming update contains a fix (we hope!) that appears to work 100% to resolve it... Meanwhile, you can save yourself some pain by doing the following when you start GMS2: before trying to load a project, simply open up the Marketplace from the top menu option, and if it loads, then your session is good and you should not experience the freeze for the duration of the session. If it gives a blank page, then your session is bad and you should restart GMS2.

makas

It IS a windows related issue and YYG have been working with Microsoft these last months to try and resolve the situation, and please understand that the issue is absolutely related to Windows and has been incredibly tricky to pin down. The good news is that a coming update contains a fix (we hope!) that appears to work 100% to resolve it... Meanwhile, you can save yourself some pain by doing the following when you start GMS2: before trying to load a project, simply open up the Marketplace from the top menu option, and if it loads, then your session is good and you should not experience the freeze for the duration of the session. If it gives a blank page, then your session is bad and you should restart GMS2.
That really interesting to read... I mean its been a long time and if is a windows related thing I think a lot of other software should have the same problem, I would like to know more the insights of this problem just out of curiosity, and thanks nocturne you are always helpful and very nice answering questions I will check that work around thanks

Carloskhard

I've been unable to import any assets since two days ago and GM2 is freezing often.I'm somewhat dissapointed with GM2 too. If they're charging so much for his software it should be polished.

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I've been unable to import any assets since two days ago and GM2 is freezing often.I'm so dissapointed with GM2 too. If they're charging so much for his software it should be polished.
The product IS polished. This is a Microsoft issue introduced with the Creator Update some time ago. Since then YYG have been working with MS to find the root cause of the issue and resolve it, which (fingers crossed) it appears they have for the next update.

Carloskhard

The product IS polished. This is a Microsoft issue introduced with the Creator Update some time ago. Since then YYG have been working with MS to find the root cause of the issue and resolve it, which (fingers crossed) it appears they have for the next update.
I hope so!