• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Can't login to GMS1.4: "You need to update your details in order to continue."

Kenshiro

I'm making a new setup of GMS1.4 and I get the following error when I try to login:

"You need to update your details in order to continue - visit https://accounts.yoyogames.com"

I visited that link and it asked for PII. Strange, but whatever. After providing the info it asked, though, GMS behavior didn't change and it continues to throw the same error.

Anyone with a similar problem? This one is news to me. Website login still works normally.

Edit:
Found the error. I had to agree to a new EULA before using this fresh install. My browser was blocking the EULA from loading because it came from a third-party domain. Enabling the domain made it appear.

Last edited:
B

BLEN

Can you tell me how did you solve this problem in detail? I'm being stuck in same thing

L

Lonewolff

Try a different browser maybe?

There are a few things that YYG do that don't work on all browsers. For example, the 'release notes' pages don't display anything on Internet Explorer.

I notified them of this about four years ago, but seems they are still getting around to learning how to master creating text only webpages. :p

B

BLEN

Try a different browser maybe?

There are a few things that YYG do that don't work on all browsers. For example, the 'release notes' pages don't display anything on Internet Explorer.

I notified them of this about four years ago, but seems they are still getting around to learning how to master creating text only webpages. :p
I tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari and no one didn't show the new EULA. also enabled JavaScript.
Every solutions didn't work but thank you all guys for trying to help me.

Kenshiro

I tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari and no one didn't show the new EULA. also enabled JavaScript.
Every solutions didn't work but thank you all guys for trying to help me.
You could try browsing that link again and checking each page. Perhaps the EULA will load if you trigger some action.
Sorry to hear you're still stuck on this. You might want to open a support ticket.