• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Error: Packages cannot be built for the selected platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MSCFC

Hi,

I know this is almost the billionth time this problem is questioned but mine is quite different,
whenever i click the "Build Executable" or press F8 i get the error, without getting any other error or output.

Please notice that i'm using VS2017 and i'm trying to build ZIP for Windows, and also that when i use YYC and try "run" it works perfectly, the issue is only with the "Build Executable" feature.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What are the IDE and Runtime versions and what licence type are you using(Ie: desktop, creative, mobile, etc...)?

M

MSCFC

What are the IDE and Runtime versions and what licence type are you using(Ie: desktop, creative, mobile, etc...)?
IDE v2.2.1.375, Runtime v2.2.1.287
Using the creative license
The compiler works well with other targets (e.g. HTML5)

rIKmAN

IDE v2.2.1.375, Runtime v2.2.1.287
Using the creative license
The compiler works well with other targets (e.g. HTML5)
Stop lying, you’re using a pirated version.

The Creator Licence only allows exporting to either Windows or Mac depending which version you buy, so along with the out of date version numbers, the fact you are saying the HTML5 target and other targets work just proves it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! This topic is closed and your account has been banned as it appears you are not using a legitimate copy of GameMaker Studio 2. If this is not the case or you believe there has been some mistake then please contact the YoYo Games helpdesk with your licence details (and link to this topic) and you will be permitted back on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.