• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion PlayStation 4, Switch or Xbox One

J

JON213

Hello GMC!
I was just wondering which console is your favourite and why.
I think all the consoles are great but I prefer the Xbox one the most due to its affordability, exclusives and the controller. However, this is just my opinion and I could be wrong

Nintendo Switch.

I could write an entire essay on how much this system impressed me, and continues to do so (and was beyond an excellent comeback after the disaster that was the Wii U), but I will say that the nature of being able to quickly get back into your game just to mess around for a minute is great when you need an immediate distraction. If I want, I can turn on the Switch and play just a quarter of basketball in the time it would take me just to load up a match on the other two consoles, where I'd actually have to finish all four quarters before being able to turn off the console. I just wish that more multi-platform titles would start making their way to the system, like how it was during the sixth generation.

M

Misu

All praise Nintendo and its glorious Switch!

The Nintendo Switch is absolutely the best and I highly admire it. So many great exclusive titles and the advantage of its portability. I would love to make a game for it so much.

D

Dan_Bardan

Go for Nintendo, I think you can reach more people with no problem.

O.Stogden

Switch, primarily because of the answers above related to the ps4 and XBO essentially being PC's, not very inventive. Whereas the Switch tries to actually do something.

Can't think of many ps4/XBO exclusives I'm interested in that aren't on PC

D

dannyjenn

I own a PS4, but I don't play it much. I got it for the purpose of playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3... though I never really got around to playing the former and I haven't even picked up a copy of the latter yet. I have spent some time with Yooka-Laylee... still haven't beaten it, but it's been fun so far. And I'll probably get the FFVII remake when it comes out. (I still haven't played the original FFVII though, so maybe I should play that first.)

I'm considering getting a Switch, mostly for Pokémon and Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. and any other Nintendo exclusive that looks promising. But I'm so out of the loop that I don't even know the first thing about the Switch. It looks weird. Is it supposed to be a home console, or some sort of oversized handheld?

I have pretty much no interest in the Xbox One. Never have. (And I've never even owned any of the Xboxes...)

M

Misu

It looks weird. Is it supposed to be a home console, or some sort of oversized handheld?
Youre weird. Its suppose to be both :p

Mostly everyone would prefer (as advantage) the Switch as a handheld to take around anywhere. There isnt much magic when docking it onto the TV. Portability is what makes it amazing and great. Especially being able to play home console titles on the go.

T

Taddio

If you like to play couch multiplayer with buddies, girlfriend, boyfriend, or whatever, go Nintendo for sure. The exclusives are just better. PLUS it's portable!
Used to have a PS4 and sometimes wish I havent sold it, but then again, it's not a feeling a good game of Mario Kart on switch with 3 friends won't cure ;)

G

GM029

I love the Switch form factor and games (though I almost always play it on the TV). But I also love the PS4's game library. I'd call it a toss-up for me overall. My favorite game this gen is Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4.

I haven't played the XBox One at all so I can't really say anything about it.

Switch. It has gaming experiences so high that I can't find similar experiences on PC that would meet the level that the Switch can provide. Plus it's portable.

S

sofaspartan

I prefer gaming on the Nintendo Switch for sure. Portability is a heavy draw for most people and is a feature currently unchallenged in the game space when you consider that its a fully fledged home console as well. It's fun to see Nintendo opening up to more third-party and indie games. It only makes things better for the gaming community when you see things like Mario and Doom on the same system. The more options the better! I also love how Nintendo is encouraging smaller developers to use their characters in their games (ex. Cadence of Hyrule).