Discussion Are potato chips actually healthy foods?

M

Misty

Long story short, some mornings I wake up calm and no stress. Just waking up to casually work on game dev. And I try to listen to synthwave and chillwave music like of the 80's. Yet this music makes me sick to my stomach. (Except if it's late at night.) So instead I listen to Zelda. No longer do I feel sick to my stomach. Yet still I don't feel right or whole. Also even stressful mornings, what helps are the chips.

The only thing that makes me feel healthy are sour cream and onion potato chips from Lays. I tried Kettle chips. They taste good but do not heal my body like Lays does.

Online lots of people say potato chips causes cancer. But I googled about cancer. There is a thing called telemerase or something. Basically causing immortality. The trouble is that the more immortal you are, the higher your risk of cancer. So maybe potato chips increases my life span, yet also causes cancer.

N

NeonBits

Fantastic! We've found the reason why we're near eight billions on Earth! Lays! Chips that make you more immortal than immortal! That's why Hulk Hogan is yellow; it's Lays "Classic"! And he got the "Immortal" tatoo on his back to prove it! It's why Hulk Hogan has refused the hamburger offered in one of his movie; chips are the key; eat only chips, specialy Lays! The governments wish you only the bests, so it's in store world wide! So forget about life insurance and doctors, pick your money and go take a life span subscription to Lays!

Hulk Hogan misses the good ol'days, he said it himself, but that's because he turned into hollywood black; he was not eating the right thing; so he got a leg injury and other health problems; he turned also EVIL and needed thugs to even win the belt; Lays was what made him strong and a superman: the power of Good; Hulk Hogan felt that and he made a return but he was yellow and red; he's not what he used to be; but you could feel the power of Lays. One day, pure yelllow will be back. Lays is the key, eat only Lays, With Lays, you will be safe.

That's why John Cena repeats "Never Give Up!" and why The Rock repeats "Do you know what I'm cooking?!"; it's to cure Hulk Hogan's mind and to help him remember the power of Hulkmania!

See what has happened to Hulk Hogan and keep it as an exemple; never believe in evil, never believe in hollywood. The Ultimate Warrior warned him. He couldn't understand; not even WCW could understand what the Warrior was saying; but the power of Hulkmania always stayed and Hulk Hogan did the right move. Sadly, you can still see the residues left from "hollywood" in Hulk Hogan's twitter account; but Hulkmania is there to keep Yellow strong and powerful; immortal! Internet proves it; "Hollywood" has no futur; good parents know that; there are more pictures of kids in "Immortal" than "Hollywood" in Hulk Hogan's twitter account.

Hulkamania was already the NWO! But "Hollywood" fooled you into fake news! There is no peace with "Hollywood"; "Hollywood" means chaos, riot, and destruction! Not even Hulk Hogan would have a store on the beach; it would be set on fire! "Hollywood" is cancer; Lays is Immortality. Hulkamania is running wild! And that's why Edge followed Hulkamania!

Thanks Misty. I hate Lays but I always loved Hulkamania and always wanted to help Hulk Hogan understand what made the good ol'days! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misty

Specifically, I eat sour cream and onion lays. Regular lays may not do the job. If Hulk Hogan had health issues it may have been because he was eating the default, instead of sour cream and onion. Also one time there was an Italian restaurant. Made homemade chips the best I ever did eat. And came with like some kind of creamy sauce, also the sauce was perfect in my opinion.

M

Misty

I'm on an ice cream bar diet, myself
Not bad, as long as its organic ice cream of course. You shouldn't consume food intended for the rabble. Except for lays sour cream and onion I mean.

Gamebot

Certain brands do it the old fashion way with PEOPLE putting the chips in the fryers and taking them out, not automated. These chips are those "canned" chips which does contain certain ingredients which has been known to cause cancer. Although I don't think theres any documented proof that any person has gotten cancer from these chips. In the fryer I would think it would fry out, not 100% sure.

N

NeonBits

Great, now I'm gonna get banned under the belief that I pretend to have the largest arms in the world..
I'm not immortal, I don't eat Lays, I'm just another frustrated earthling : P
Although I don't think theres any documented proof that any person has gotten cancer from these chips
Or any other product; there would be proof, the civilisation would collapse and turn into an Ewok village. Hum, I think there was something in the past about baby bottles and if you buy a coffee machine there's a chance to find a yellow paper that warns about cancer.

M

Misty

Certain brands do it the old fashion way with PEOPLE putting the chips in the fryers and taking them out, not automated. These chips are those "canned" chips which does contain certain ingredients which has been known to cause cancer. Although I don't think theres any documented proof that any person has gotten cancer from these chips. In the fryer I would think it would fry out, not 100% sure.
Yeah but what if its like it boosts your immune system. By making you immune to cancer by just giving you tiny amounts of cancer?

E

ethian

Are you asking just because potatton chips come from potatos, and potatos are heathly food?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are you asking just because potatton chips come from potatos, and potatos are heathly food?
Pottaton?

OHH YES, darling. I would eat the fabulous hell out of that.

That aside, this is actually a good question, especially since it's one that's easily used sarcastically to deter people from questioning one's eating habits and even tends to work on some of them according to my own experience. :p
It's a question I've seriously asked myself a couple of times already, too, and came to the conclusion that generally, potato chips can be defined as "crisp potato slices". I've made my own potato chips with nothing but sliced potatoes and an oven. Unless heating potatoes to the point they become crisp has any negative impact on their healthiness, I don't see how potato chips produced in this way are any less - or, for that matter, more - healthy than just plain potatoes. Unless you compare them to raw potatoes, of course, at which point it becomes an easy task to make a lot of things seem healthy in comparison.

Maybe we can use the same procedure we can use on potatoes to turn them into potato chips on cocoa beans to turn them into healthy chocolate.

Mert

The area I live and in some Agean areas, people are known to not to age early. A woman in 45s look very young, they don't even use make-up or cosmetics (They basically do not need)

People in the region where I live use butter(not factory butter, but fully organic from grass-fed animals) and people in Aegean region consume a lot lot olive oil in everything. I think in English it is called "extra virgin olive oil". These people are super healthy.

I think it's not the potatoes that are unhealthy, it's the oil itself.

Oh, I'm from Turkey

M

Misty

You are simply addicted...

Alternative...
It's well known that onion is healthy... try to eat only onions:p
i like onion rings and all natural alternatives to Funyuns. I also like onions in soups and sandwiches.

The area I live and in some Agean areas, people are known to not to age early. A woman in 45s look very young, they don't even use make-up or cosmetics (They basically do not need)

People in the region where I live use butter(not factory butter, but fully organic from grass-fed animals) and people in Aegean region consume a lot lot olive oil in everything. I think in English it is called "extra virgin olive oil". These people are super healthy.

I think it's not the potatoes that are unhealthy, it's the oil itself.

Oh, I'm from Turkey
Same. But also, I think its the mindset. People want to always feel like they are adults and old. Meanwhile I want to feel the joy I felt as a child. I dont know why people are on a quest to be senile. In Nintendo all the fighters look young. Because in real life most were only 20 year old fighters in real reality. Also I don't eat red meat either. Red meat is really popular in some regions and it makes them look really old. What I love is butter and olive oil, those are the foods for me, not americanized margarine with artifical colors and crap. Soy is pure in nature, such as pure tofu. But when they make soybean oils, they americanize it and turn good soy toxic with a chemical process. But even so, you should never use olive oil to cook, it becomes cancer at just a little over 200 degrees! So, the joke maybe be still on after all.

When I think upon these modern Hollywood women, sitting at the Oscars biting into steaks, yet then going for beauty treatments...its like an insanity.

Pottaton?

That aside, this is actually a good question, especially since it's one that's easily used sarcastically to deter people from questioning one's eating habits and even tends to work on some of them according to my own experience. :p
It's a question I've seriously asked myself a couple of times already, too, and came to the conclusion that generally, potato chips can be defined as "crisp potato slices". I've made my own potato chips with nothing but sliced potatoes and an oven. Unless heating potatoes to the point they become crisp has any negative impact on their healthiness, I don't see how potato chips produced in this way are any less - or, for that matter, more - healthy than just plain potatoes. Unless you compare them to raw potatoes, of course, at which point it becomes an easy task to make a lot of things seem healthy in comparison.

Maybe we can use the same procedure we can use on potatoes to turn them into potato chips on cocoa beans to turn them into healthy chocolate.
Heat has the ability to cause a chemical reaction, much like times of passion. During these times, altering the chemical components into carcinogenic compounds. These compounds are said to cause cancer, however their exact effects are not clear due to humans not being in a lab under controlled conditions. So it can never be proven that potato chips actually cause cancer, just assumed due to the heat oil reaction. However, cancer is also the result of longevity, since the telemorase prevents cell death and increases rapid rejuvination, leading to protected cancers that can never die and eventually results in death of the organism. So certain things which cause cancer may actually increase the lifespan, since there is a connection between cancer and cell rejuvination.

Last edited:
L

Lonewolff

There is a thing called telemerase or something. Basically causing immortality. The trouble is that the more immortal you are, the higher your risk of cancer. So maybe potato chips increases my life span, yet also causes cancer.
What a load of crap.

Telomerase is turned off in normal cells. So it doesn't do anything. However it is very active in tumor cells.

In your chase for immortality you are in-fact killing yourself quicker. :D

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/genetic/hayflick-limit2.htm

M

Misty

What a load of crap.

Telomerase is turned off in normal cells. So it doesn't do anything. However it is very active in tumor cells.

In your chase for immortality you are in-fact killing yourself quicker. :D

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/genetic/hayflick-limit2.htm
That's not exactly what the article said. It said Scientists are looking for a way to activate Telemorase in normal cells.

Alls I know is, some days I feel sick and like I'm dying. Then I eat potato chips and feel good as new and ready to start my day fresh.

In a tv show called Eureka they put "theoretically" at the end of everything. Theoretically, putting more telemorase in your cells will make you live longer, theoretically.

L

Lonewolff

That's not exactly what the article said.
It is exactly what it said....

elomerase is a protein that's found in all cells, but in normal cells, it's turned off -- it doesn't do anything. In abnormal cells like tumors and germ cells, however, telomerase is quite active
Code:
if( Scientists_are_looking_to_find_a way_to_activate_it == I_eat_potato_chips_and_feel_good )
{
         draw_text( 20, 20, "Welcome to Misty's reality. We hope you enjoy your stay" );
         room_goto( mistys_world );
}
game_end();

M

Misty

It is exactly what it said....

Code:
if( Scientists_are_looking_to_find_a way_to_activate_it == I_eat_potato_chips_and_feel_good )
{
         draw_text( 20, 20, "Welcome to Misty's reality. We hope you enjoy your stay" );
         room_goto( mistys_world );
}
game_end();
What the article says is:

" Potentially, if active telomerase is added to normal adult cells, they'll continue to replicate long beyond their Hayflick limit. In one study that supports this notion, researchers reported that cells to which they'd introduced telomerase had replicated 20 more times than their normal life span would indicate -- and were still dividing"

So I'm right as per usual.

E

ethian

This sparks joy :D
Mmm... lots of calories as the black octagon says... i like calories, but not too much of them...!

Pottaton?
Hey! It's the cheerleader of the things that makes me go nuts!!!

Sherlock Holmes is boxing, Pottaton is dancing!!! Selfie with both dudes, please!!!

Wait! You send me this because of my demostrated love to Undertale? You forgot Nat Geo Kids!!!

L

Lonewolff

You are a goose as per usual.

Look at the first word in your quote - "Potentially". Meaning if they find a way to make it work.

M

Misty

You are a goose as per usual.

Look at the first word in your quote - "Potentially". Meaning if they find a way to make it work.
The exact science of potato chips is unknown. This was a thread discussing hypothetical science of the healing of the potato.

M

Misty

What negativity?

The only negativity I see comes from you when your 'proof' is dis-proven. The pattern is in every single thread in OT that you create.
You come on here, when noone is speaking to you, and post things like

"What a load of crap."
"You are a goose as per usual."
"So another rubbish Misty thread then?"

You are very rude. And then you deny being negativity. I don't know what culture you are from. But in Japan one must take off one's dirty shoes before entering an abode. You are spreading your mud everywhere with each word you speak in my thread.

N

NeonBits

And watch what you gonna doooo, or Humpty Dumpty, Mr Potato, and ThePotatoChips, will be going wild on yooooouuuuu!!

Is it the shoes, an highheel fetish or have you been listening to "she got legs"? I would keep my distance if a potato would have the IQ to run. Seriously, doesn't look so fresh when legs begin to grow... maybe Misty's words are a warning?
" (...) if active telomerase is added to normal adult cells, they'll continue to replicate long beyond their Hayflick limit. (...) cells (...) had replicated 20 more times than their normal life span -- and were still dividing"
(...) telemorase prevents cell death and increases rapid rejuvination, leading to protected cancers that can never die and eventually results in death of the organism.
Someone must stop them; the movie "The Thing" was enough!
These compounds are said to cause cancer, however their exact effects are not clear due to humans not being in a lab under controlled conditions.
This is getting scary...
Alls I know is, some days I feel sick and like I'm dying. Then I eat potato chips and feel good as new and ready to start my day fresh.
Oh! But that's normal; I get that symptom when I code until I pass out; leave the chips and allow yourself ten or twenty minutes and it'll be all fine; it's called "morning".

M

Misty

And watch what you gonna doooo, or Humpty Dumpty, Mr Potato, and ThePotatoChips, will be going wild on yooooouuuuu!!

Is it the shoes, an highheel fetish or have you been listening to "she got legs"?
I love beautiful legs however, something about legs made up out of Voxels is a turn off for me. The last voxel game I enjoyed was Delta Force 2, after that the voxels kept getting bigger and bigger and making me feel weird.

I would keep my distance if a potato would have the IQ to run. Seriously, doesn't look so fresh when legs begin to grow... maybe Misty's words are a warning?
What did I say?

Someone must stop them; the movie "The Thing" was enough!
Thank goodness I never seen it, I don't like scary films. I am a soft person.

This is getting scary...
Well I am against the prison planet and prison system, however if someone is on death row I see no harm in studying them for science since they are gonna die anyway. In another thread I mention I am from the year 20000x, I look down on primitive humans who don't really operate in a sane manner. Cancer could have been cured years ago if I was in charge of the world.

Oh! But that's normal; I get that symptom when I code until I pass out; leave the chips and allow yourself ten or twenty minutes and it'll be all fine; it's called "morning".
Ugh. I am not a morning person. I was playing hearthstone one time and one of the cards said she was not a morning person. And I said yes that's me.

N

NeonBits

I love beautiful legs however, something about legs made up out of Voxels is a turn off for me.
This was for "Mrs.SpankingRoom"!
The last voxel game I enjoyed was Delta Force 2, after that the voxels kept getting bigger and bigger and making me feel weird.
Why it feels like a "RichHopefulComposer Syndrome"..
What did I say?
A warning o . o
Thank goodness I never seen it, I don't like scary films. I am a soft person.
Ah that's why you and "Neiko Geisha" are always purring togheter ^ ^
Well I am against the prison planet and prison system, however if someone is on death row I see no harm in studying them for science since they are gonna die anyway. In another thread I mention I am from the year 20000x, I look down on primitive humans who don't really operate in a sane manner.
Aren't we all on 'death row"... this is getting more scary : X
Cancer could have been cured years ago if I was in charge of the world.
"The Thing"... again > . <
Ugh. I am not a morning person.
"morning" <(. - .)>

Toque

How did I miss this one.
I’m pretty sure what your feeling is endorphins.
Body loves salt. Yummy.
Body loves carbohydrates. Oh yeah.
Body needs fat. Boom.

Nature has no potato chip. It has all three at one. Food high. The flavor onion is just your taste preference. Can be just as addictive as drugs.

T

Taddio

How did I miss this one.
I’m pretty sure what your feeling is endorphins.
Body loves salt. Yummy.
Body loves carbohydrates. Oh yeah.
Body needs fat. Boom.

Nature has no potato chip. It has all three at one. Food high. The flavor onion is just your taste preference. Can be just as addictive as drugs.
She probably loves chips because them chips don't tell her how dumb and uneducated she sounds like when she says **** like "chips will make me immortal", "Hulk Hogan got sick because he ate the wrong brand of chips", and generally using words like "carcinogenic compounds". But bro, you really hit the nail on the head with the word "addiction". That seasoning is nothing short of a drug, when you look at the dopamine released when you eat it. Pretty much on par with sugar.
Thanks for bumping this I needed a good laugh out loud, tonight!

Toque

She probably loves chips because them chips don't tell her how dumb and uneducated she sounds like when she says **** like "chips will make me immortal", "Hulk Hogan got sick because he ate the wrong brand of chips", and generally using words like "carcinogenic compounds". But bro, you really hit the nail on the head with the word "addiction". That seasoning is nothing short of a drug, when you look at the dopamine released when you eat it. Pretty much on par with sugar.
Thanks for bumping this I needed a good laugh out loud, tonight!
There is lots of sugars in chips. Bonus.
And the texture of the sour cream powder is to die for.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell sarcasm or joking or truth in posts.

(I took you advice and did not chase the easy money in the music industry.) I never even considered it. I was being sarcastic. But sound advice just the same.

T

Taddio

There is lots of sugars in chips. Bonus.
And the texture of the sour cream powder is to die for.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell sarcasm or joking or truth in posts.

(I took you advice and did not chase the easy money in the music industry.) I never even considered it. I was being sarcastic. But sound advice just the same.
Yeah, and in that case I specifically wrote that I knew you were! In this case, not so sure if there were any sarcasm in the OP, really...
And yeah, seasoning has a crap-ton of sugar, monosodium glutamate, food coloring and "natural and artificial flavor", and about 100 other unprounouncable ingredients, none of which will ever make anyone live a minute longer!

Eating chips thinking it's the same as eating cooked potatoes is as dumb as thinking eating pop-sicles is as healthy as drinking water ('cause ice is water, right?)!!:p

Glad you didn't went to crazytown and tried showbuisness, but it's still very neat to be able to play/write music (nice bonus in game dev too!!).

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
@Toque exactly. French fries and potato chips are basically the uber-food when it comes to addiction. Salt, sugar (carbs), fat. Two of the few that manages to have all three.

Toque

@Toque exactly. French fries and potato chips are basically the uber-food when it comes to addiction. Salt, sugar (carbs), fat. Two of the few that manages to have all three.

Add texture. Crunchy then smooth. Smell and ya got a food bomb. Add a gram of salt. All senses covered.

Last edited:
M

Misty

Yeah, and in that case I specifically wrote that I knew you were! In this case, not so sure if there were any sarcasm in the OP, really...
And yeah, seasoning has a crap-ton of sugar, monosodium glutamate, food coloring and "natural and artificial flavor", and about 100 other unprounouncable ingredients, none of which will ever make anyone live a minute longer!

Eating chips thinking it's the same as eating cooked potatoes is as dumb as thinking eating pop-sicles is as healthy as drinking water ('cause ice is water, right?)!!:p

Glad you didn't went to crazytown and tried showbuisness, but it's still very neat to be able to play/write music (nice bonus in game dev too!!).
Utter blasphemy, the chips I eat are all natural with no artificial anythings, certainly not MSG.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Heres a tip when googling and the media talking about cancer

Everything will give you cancer

Radiation can give you cancer
Your dna and genes can give you cancer

Eating hotdogs or potato chips cant

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I thought about this topic after the Easter / Passover dinner this year. Someone brought chocolate-covered potato chips for dessert.

They were awful.

M

Misty

Heres a tip when googling and the media talking about cancer

Everything will give you cancer

Radiation can give you cancer
Your dna and genes can give you cancer

Eating hotdogs or potato chips cant
Hotdogs cause cancer, redmeat causes cancer, and they put sulfites in it also.

M

Misty

Must be pretty ineffective at causing cancer if it can take around 70 years, seems like more of an old age in general thing.
Average age of cancer is 70, but it can happen much sooner. Cancer will continue to increase as people continue to live artificial lifestyles. Breathing in campfire causes cancer more than even cigs. Fire is invented by humans, no other animal sits and breathes in the fumes.

Cancer rates are increasing. You can deduce this from reading cancer.gov.

The projected amount of cancer survivors will increase from 15, to 20 million in a few years.

Cancer, was believed to be an imbalance of the four humours.
The four humours are
Winter, Old age, Black bile: Translates to indie games of post-modernity
Summer, Childhood, Fire, Mars: 90's dos games
Autumn, the moon, brain: Cold and moist, water elemental.
Blood, the Heart, Teenagers: Heart games, gothic games, anime, etc.

These four must be in balance, or else you get cancer, such as steam library.

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/shakespeare/fourhumors.html

Last edited: