• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Creepy Uncle Timmy & The Watery Ditch Of Lies

G

GregFroning

What Is It?
This game is what I am coining as a "micro" or "mini" RPG, with the goal of having a short story and overall length of 20-30 minutes.

You can think of it as a bite size RPG, for just a quick run through and very simple mechanics.

Any Story?
The story is still in development, but you start out waking up inside of a cavern and discover that the night before you drank a few too many "CinnaWhisks". You exit the cave only to come upon a young man that says you left something back in town, so you start your journey and follow the road to town...

That is all you get to see for now, rest will come in the full game!

Can You Play It?
Not quite yet, but I do have a nice video that I am looking to get feedback on as I develop the engine. All graphics are temporary and I plan on paying an artist for complete and cohesive ones soon.

Video Time!
New Video:
Previous Videos:
Web Stuffs

Website
Twitter
Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GregFroning

New video in the original post with quite a few updates.

* Battle UI Updates
* Battle Button Sounds
* New Font Throughout
* Temporary Character "Mattias" on cave exit
* Battle Transitions
* Walking Sounds
* Cutscenes
* Dialog Boxes

Already have quite a few fixes coming up for the next devlog!

G

GregFroning

Back with another new video in the first post along with a list of some changes!
  • New shader for entering/exiting buildings
  • New Main Player Sprite
  • King B NPC Started
  • Fintonia Added Along With Start of Tiling
  • Fixed a few movement related bugs
  • Adjusted random encounter rates
  • Added Name Of Location On Entering (Towns, Dungeons specifically)
Look forward to getting some more feedback, game is moving along at a decent pace, though didn't get as much done this week as I initially hoped.

G

Hmm could be cool! Don't get destroyed by scope creep like me. Mini seems like a great goal.

G

GregFroning

Hmm could be cool! Don't get destroyed by scope creep like me. Mini seems like a great goal.
I am trying my best to keep it within the scope I originally planned! Best way I am doing that is by not expanding the short story I have.

Interesting title. I like it.
Thanks for checking out the post! It is quite a long title, but it will make sense I hope. haha

G

GregFroning

Back with another video update! Things are moving along nicely!

* New Enemy Sprite (More To Come)
* Enemy Sprite Animation
* Unseen Story Implementation
* Menu Mock Up
* Fixed Tiling In Cave
* Bug Fixes With Dialog System
* Bug Fixes With Story System
* Updated Battle System Graphics
* Fintonia Updates
* Some Performance Fixes (story, dialog, a few drawing fixes)

G

GregFroning

It has been a bit since I have left an update, thought I would drop by and share a little post I made over at the blog showing some new things that are being implemented.

https://feralmonk.io/devlog-new-mini-boss/ (Link is down, site died and didn't have backup that soon)

I should have a larger chunk of gameplay to show off soon, so keep checking back for that.

G

GregFroning

Finally back with another video update! Added quite a bit, check out the video in the first post or follow the link below.

-Mini Boss Added
-Heal Effect
-Player Attack Effect
-Monster Attack Effect
-Battle System Updates
-Main Menu Updates

G

GregFroning

Back with another video update, this time showing off new in-game collectibles which are pages of a story/notes giving back story about timmy.

The text on the pages is still a huge WIP but the general concept is there!

G

GregFroning

Back with another video update! Changes and video below!
  • New Lightning Effect
  • Matts House Area
  • Story Updates
  • On Screen control changes