• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question about publishing and licencing

N

Nixio

Hello everyone,

I have game maker studio 1.4 that I downloaded for free from steam. I am confused about licencing so just want to ask : am I allowed to publish free/paid games with this steam version of game maker?

Thanks in advance :D

Depends on what you mean by free? Did steam do a free sale on GMS1.4? I'm unaware of if it ever did. Or did you happen to have a GMS1.4 steam license lying around and you used that? Publishing a game with GMS1.4 is perfectly fine. I'm just unsure how you got it for free?

T

Taddio

Depends on what you mean by free? Did steam do a free sale on GMS1.4? I'm unaware of if it ever did. Or did you happen to have a GMS1.4 steam license lying around and you used that? Publishing a game with GMS1.4 is perfectly fine. I'm just unsure how you got it for free?
I would guess this? Dont they have a free version for 1 as well? (Never used it)

T

Taddio

Ah, I thought they'd cut off all sources for getting 1.4 but obviously not.
Probably for archivistic (is this even a word?) values.
It kind of would make sense if it was available for download, but can't purchase licenses for it anymore.
If you have a license and your PC gets ****** and need redownload or you want to try it in trial for some reason, I guess you could do it with this.