• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

license for web?

M

makis2404

The price for the html or web licence is 150 $ for a year or for ever?
Thanks.

M

makis2404

Oh thank you! And I can also publish to Windows ?
So I can upload to. my server and also to a server like itch.io where the visitor can play my game straight forward on web as well as can download It?

rIKmAN

Oh thank you! And I can also publish to Windows ?
So I can upload to. my server and also to a server like itch.io where the visitor can play my game straight forward on web as well as can download It?
If you want to export to Windows + Mac + Linux you will need a full $99 Desktop Licence which is permanent.

If you want to export to just Windows or just Mac (not both) then you could use a $39 Creators Licence but this is a 12mth Licence (not permanent),

If you want to export to HTML5 you need a HTML5 Licence.

M

makis2404

I would like to ask if there are some limitation to html edition as compared with downloadable ediiton.
I am interested to publish to itch.io so there is an html - web version and anohter being able to be downloaded.
I supose with the windows licence one can publish and make their game downladable, isnt it?
Of course having both licences its best and so would be done. But as first step wich one do you think to purchase?
Wich one is preferable for publishing to itch.io. I prefere html because it is very easy for someone to see my game there. But I dont know if the limitations that exist make it preferable for me to pay for the windows version.
Thank you very much.

rIKmAN

I would like to ask if there are some limitation to html edition as compared with downloadable ediiton.
I am interested to publish to itch.io so there is an html - web version and anohter being able to be downloaded.
I supose with the windows licence one can publish and make their game downladable, isnt it?
Of course having both licences its best and so would be done. But as first step wich one do you think to purchase?
Wich one is preferable for publishing to itch.io. I prefere html because it is very easy for someone to see my game there. But I dont know if the limitations that exist make it preferable for me to pay for the windows version.
Thank you very much.
There are no limitations with the HTML5 licence other than thosed imposed by HTML5 itself (file system access, for example)

If you want players to be able to play your game in the browser without having to download and run an exe file then go for HTML5.
If you want players to download your game and play on Windows then go for Desktop.

The only person who knows which would be better for you is you.

All the information on each licence can be found here: https://www.yoyogames.com/get