Same feeling ?

K

Kasra

guys it is about 1 mounth i started to making games, but i feeling no one will play my game on there goddamn smartphones :D. is this feeling normal or iam sucks ? please help XD

Posho

guys it is about 1 mounth i started to making games, but i feeling no one will play my game on there goddamn smartphones :D. is this feeling normal or iam sucks ? please help XD
I know people who've been making games for over 10 years and still get less than 200 downloads per game released. They have to rely on an external source of income.

You're not alone. I'm scared as heck of this industry. It's oversaturated so it's incredibly hard to stand out.

Also what @woodsmoke said.

Changgi

I've literally been making games for literally just 10 years this year and no one has really commented on my games the occasional comment I get when I begged a friend to give me their feedback. But I know way too many people who only have a mobile phone and no PC/laptop, so I frankly think the opposite is true, since most of my friends can't even try my games due to not having a PC.

A lot of people wouldn't play my Android games because I used Google Play Services which asks for your contacts list permissions for the leader board. That just sent red flags for people.

K

Kasra

A lot of people wouldn't play my Android games because I used Google Play Services which asks for your contacts list permissions for the leader board. That just sent red flags for people.
yep, people will not trust unknow developers, they need trust you before.
Also you can make your own global leaderboard

Jabbers

Very few people have instant success with their first projects, but a big reason for that is a lack of marketing and business sense, and no budget to pursue a distribution strategy.

OgreKiddo

Definitely a reoccurring feeling but something to not let you distract you from the passion. Its how you go about promotion that you have to worry about, keeping this feeling of uncertainty could develop into a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure.

Keep your head up dood & keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dan_Bardan

That's how the marketing enter, the money you spend here guarantees some visibility, the way to do that is up to you.
Graphics and presentation are everything when trying to get your game noticed.
And gameplay will definitively helps.

M

Misty

I know people who've been making games for over 10 years and still get less than 200 downloads per game released. They have to rely on an external source of income.

You're not alone. I'm scared as heck of this industry. It's oversaturated so it's incredibly hard to stand out.

Also what @woodsmoke said.
Time for a steam cleanup. Have to bring out Jim Sterling.